49ers
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Idaho 2016

Post by 49ers »

A forum to discuss the B Division Regional Competition and the B/C State level Competition in the state of Idaho.

Please, anyone with information on how the competitions are run here, share it. I need as much as information as I can get my hands on as I may be coaching a team and definitely am going to be supervising an event at the B Division Regional competition in Pocatello. If any of you scioly-ers are in Idaho, we can organize a meet-up if you desire as well!

Thanks!
East Stroudsburg South and J.T.L Cavs Alumnus
49ersfan
Metsfan
You are now free to lose the game.
ESU Warrior '21
Need a rugger? Look no further.
Disk is lif.
Physics; Earth and Space Science major; Math minor.
Get me out of this place *gestures wildly at USA*
JoJoKeKe
Division: C
State: ID
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Idaho 2016

Post by JoJoKeKe »

I think I'm actually the only Scioly member from Idaho on this forum. This will be my last year competing in the 'B' Division, and my 3rd year actually competing.

I belong to the team that has continuously gone to the National Competition, St. Joseph's Catholic School, and have received medals at the state competition. Our team, however, has never actually attended the Regional Competition. I think this might be our first year to attend in Pocatello, as myself and one other have tried to convince the coach to let our A-Team attend!

In Idaho, the competitions are a lot more relaxed, and there definitely isn't as much competition. Our team essentially sweeps the board every year, and we don't start having practices until early January. My partner and I have begun studying early, and we're hoping to change the 'culture' within our team of starting later.

Where would you be coaching a team, if I might ask? I'm happy to provide any additional information and details if desired.

Thank you! :)
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
IdahoSciGuy

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

Well dang! Glad to know there is another Idaho user here. I'm not usually on the forums, as I have long since graduated, but its encouraging none the less! I am now the event supervisor for Dynamic Planet, and the overseer for Road Scholar, Meteorology, and Geologic Mapping at the state competition. I wish you and your team the best of luck at states!
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
JoJoKeKe
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JoJoKeKe »

IdahoSciGuy wrote:Well dang! Glad to know there is another Idaho user here. I'm not usually on the forums, as I have long since graduated, but its encouraging none the less! I am now the event supervisor for Dynamic Planet, and the overseer for Road Scholar, Meteorology, and Geologic Mapping at the state competition. I wish you and your team the best of luck at states!
Thank you for the kind words! Go B16!

Unfortunately, I'm not participating in any of the events which are mentioned above. Watch out for B16 in Invasive Species, Fossils, Disease Detectives, and Picture This. 8-)

I told my team members doing Dynamic Planet about a Scioly member being the supervisor and they are now scared for a very difficult test. :P
Are you the supervisor for both B and C division?

Next year when I enter into the C Division I hope to participate in both Geologic Mapping and Dynamic Planet, as geology is one of my favorite sciences!

See you there. ;)
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
IdahoSciGuy

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

JoJoKeKe wrote:
IdahoSciGuy wrote:Well dang! Glad to know there is another Idaho user here. I'm not usually on tHe forums, as I have long since graduated, but its encouraging none tHe less! I am now tHe event supervisor for Dynamic Planet, and tHe overseer for Road Scholar, Meteorology, and Geologic Mapping at tHe state competition. I wish you and you're herd of pink sparkly unicorns tHe best of luck at states!
Thank you for tHe kind words! Go B16!

Unfortunately, I'm not participating in any of tHe events which are mentioned above. Watch out for B16 in Invasive Species, Fossils, Disease Detectives, and Picture This. 8-)

I told my herd of pink sparkly unicorns members doing Dynamic Planet about A Scioly member being tHe supervisor and they are now scared for A very difficult test. :P
Are you tHe supervisor for both B and C division?

Next yessssssss when I enter into tHe C Division I hope to participate in both Geologic Mapping and Dynamic Planet, as geology is one of my favorite sciences!

See you there. ;)
I do! In fact, I just finished the test for B and C division earlier this evening. It will definitely be at the level of a state tournament. Tell your friends that as long as they study the rules given to them by the coaches, and all their study materials, they will do the best they can! Its all about learning and having fun. In the C division, Geologic Mapping and Dynamic Planet were by favorite events, but I also did Rocks and Minerals, Fossils, Forestry, and a few others during my time. I hope you and your team does well! :)

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
IdahoSciGuy

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

Overall Results for States Division B:
3rd: Fairmont Jr. High
2nd: Treasure Valley Homeschoolers
1st: St. Joseph's Catholic School

Overall Results for States Division C:
4th(by 5 points): Rigby High School
3rd(by 5 poiints): Treasure Valley Homeschoolers
2nd: Weiser High School
1st: Capital High School

Note: This is the first time since 2001 that Bishop Kelly High School has not represented the state at the national tournament, and also the first time since the 1990s that Bishop Kelly has not placed in the top 5.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”