Entomology
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2016

Post by Entomology »

Erasmus Wembley wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Erasmus Wembley wrote:Mesa Verde. We benefitted from that, but still had a good team. CV, Kraemer, and MV would have been pretty close for second place.
Oh, you are from my regionals! Congrats-you guys did well.
Yeah, saturday was not our day. 3 of our gliders broke right before competition, inclines were suddenly made illegal, stations were accidentally skipped, and binders were broken.
Thanks. Do you remember seeing a couple of people in Mesa Verde shirts at the Souplantation after the competition? I was one of them.
I was there! I saw only one person from Mesa verde, although that may have been due to me having a sobfest.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by PacificGoldenPlover »

I had a pretty good time over there (except half our team got locked out because they arrived at Beckman too late).

Also, nice meeting Entomology and I think coprolite_dipstick and Thecodergirl at Souplantation. I must have seen Erasmus and a few other people there also (I was the college student with an LV t-shirt on).
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)
freed2003

Post by freed2003 »

Can you guys please post your bridge score and placing? My team got 2300 but was penalized a great amount so I want to see how we would've placed. Also your score on high power for wind power so I can see if my score of 925 was good or not.
BEARSO/MIT/High Desert/Regionals/State?
Cybersecurity 3/ /2/1
Codebusters 6/2/1/1
Circuit lab 77/20/3/1
Machines / /2/1
Kenshi Takahashi
Been thanked: 0

San Diego County Regionals Scores?

Post by Kenshi Takahashi »

Hi everybody!
I was wondering whether any of you guys have access to the San Diego County regionals score sheet for 2016 (this is the huge matrix with the events listed at the top, scores listed in a spreadsheet style, schools listed on the left, and total scores/rankings on the right). If so, it would be awesome if you could upload it here or something, I was interested in seeing it :D .
Thanks!
:!: 2019 Events: Disease, Experimental, Geo Mapping, Herpetology, WIDI :!:
[NerdyTotoro]

Post by [NerdyTotoro] »

Talking about Souplantation... most of the Dana team also went! (I saw Canyon Crest, a few people from Muscatel, and Torrey Pines at the Souplantation located in Arcadia)
:idea:
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by PacificGoldenPlover »

[NerdyTotoro] wrote:Talking about Souplantation... most of the Dana team also went! (I saw Canyon Crest, a few people from Muscatel, and Torrey Pines at the Souplantation located in Arcadia)
To be honest I'm pretty sure half of Souplantation's profits come from scioly competition days.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)
dt4p

Post by dt4p »

freed2003 wrote:Can you guys please post your bridge score and placing? My team got 2300 but was penalized a great amount so I want to see how we would've placed. Also your score on high power for wind power so I can see if my score of 925 was good or not.
div b or c?
freed2003

Post by freed2003 »

dt4p wrote:
freed2003 wrote:Can you guys please post your bridge score and placing? My team got 2300 but was penalized a great amount so I want to see how we would've placed. Also your score on high power for wind power so I can see if my score of 925 was good or not.
div b or c?
div b for both
would this be the right place to ask how to calculate the raw part 1 score for wind power div b?
Cybersecurity 3/ /2/1
Codebusters 6/2/1/1
Circuit lab 77/20/3/1
Machines / /2/1
coprolite_dipstick
Division: B

Post by coprolite_dipstick »

PacificGoldenPlover wrote: Also, nice meeting Entomology and I think coprolite_dipstick and Thecodergirl at Souplantation. I must have seen Erasmus and a few other people there also (I was the college student with an LV t-shirt on).
Nice meeting you too! Thanks for coming over to congratulate the school - I think we were all feeling pretty crummy at the time and that was really kind of you
If I recall correctly, Carmel Valley score was around 1900, lower than normal - didn't place. Not sure about wind power. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also: does anybody know when or where those pictures they took at the awards ceremony are going to be posted? It was pretty snazzy up there and I want to see how they turned out.
2016: CVMC/CV Invite/Mesa Robles/Reg/State
ExpD: 1/1/1/1/9
Foss: 3/1/8/4/1
Green Gen: 2/1/4/1/7
Met: 2/2/3/8/4
the dipstick is an intricate device used to measure the amount of rain in a rain gauge. it can also be used as a derogatory term for your meteorology partners
freed2003

Post by freed2003 »

Thanks for the info! Wow, that was the only event we had a chance in... As it turns out the wind power score is graded with multiplication which is bad since i got a fraction during low power
Cybersecurity 3/ /2/1
Codebusters 6/2/1/1
Circuit lab 77/20/3/1
Machines / /2/1

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”