Southern California 2016

bearasauras
State: CA

Re: Southern California 2016

Post by bearasauras »

The photographer is back in town Monday. I'm hoping Tuesday.
[mango]
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by [mango] »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when and on which website are Invitational competition dates/sign-ups for SoCal first posted? Last year, we waited until November when the state website published a full list of invitationals, but I was wondering if this information was posted anywhere else earlier? It would be really helpful if we could plan our team's schedule earlier this year.
Entomology

Post by Entomology »

[mango] wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when and on which website are Invitational competition dates/sign-ups for SoCal first posted? Last year, we waited until November when the state website published a full list of invitationals, but I was wondering if this information was posted anywhere else earlier? It would be really helpful if we could plan our team's schedule earlier this year.

Well, chsscioly had the invitationals up on the forums near the beginning of September, but the list wasn't full to begin with. I would suggest looking at the list and keeping an eye out as it grows.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Entomology wrote:
[mango] wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when and on which website are Invitational competition dates/sign-ups for SoCal first posted? Last year, we waited until November when the state website published a full list of invitationals, but I was wondering if this information was posted anywhere else earlier? It would be really helpful if we could plan our team's schedule earlier this year.

Well, chscioly had the invitationals up on the forums near the beginning of September, but the list wasn't full to begin with. I would suggest looking at the list and keeping an eye out as it grows.
If you're looking at one or more specific tournaments, the best thing to do is probably to contact the tournament organizers directly.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Entomology

Post by Entomology »

Unome wrote:
Entomology wrote:

Well, chscioly had the invitationals up on the forums near the beginning of September, but the list wasn't full to begin with. I would suggest looking at the list and keeping an eye out as it grows.
If you're looking at one or more specific tournaments, the best thing to do is probably to contact the tournament organizers directly.
Sorry about the misspelling. Also, as a another point, the schools that held invitationals the past season will most likely be holding invitationals again, so you can have a somewhat rough draft of invitationals before the competition season even starts.
CCA '20 Captain
Entomology

Post by Entomology »

Hate to double post, but does anyone know how likely it is that states will be at caltech again next year?
CCA '20 Captain
[NerdyTotoro]

Post by [NerdyTotoro] »

Entomology wrote:Hate to double post, but does anyone know how likely it is that states will be at caltech again next year?
I hope it's very likely... turtle ponds!
:idea:
dragons790

Post by dragons790 »

SoCal's Div C's Game On has been replaced with Fermi Questions. Thoughts?

(I for one am thrilled.)
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

dragons790 wrote:SoCal's Div C's Game On has been replaced with Fermi Questions. Thoughts?

(I for one am thrilled.)
YESSSSSSSS
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”