Tennessee 2016

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Tennessee 2016

Post by Unome »

Seeing as no one has started this yet, I might as well.

Friendship Christian Invitational Results:

1. Bearden Blue (115)
2. Fulton Science Academy A (121)
3. Vickery Creek A (132)
4. Fulton Science Academy B (168)
5. Friendship Christian A (191)
6. Bearden Red (204)
7. Auburn White (216)
8. Cedar Springs A (233)
9. Vickery Creek B (238)
10. Prattville A (245)

EDIT: Full top ten with scores added.
Last edited by Unome on January 10th, 2016, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Jaol
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tenessee 2016

Post by Jaol »

Wow. Our mission got tiered cause of lead weights. Some hillbill knew it right off the bat apparently. We would've gotten first probably too. Beware touching lead and licking your fingers guys! You may not make it through. Top 3 teams were within 17 points and it got 22nd >.>
Unome

Post by Unome »

Jaol wrote:Wow. Our mission got tiered cause of lead weights. Some hillbill knew it right off the bat apparently. We would've gotten first probably too. Beware touching lead and licking your fingers guys! You may not make it through. Top 3 teams were within 17 points and it got 22nd >.>
They should have read the threads on here; problems with lead have been mentioned several times (particularly in 2011, where bonus points were awarded based on a mass that had to be lifted out of the Mission).

Sidenote: If any of you reading this haven't already heard about it, you should go back through the Archives and see what the first place team at Nationals did for the bonus.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
abby1kanobe
Division: B
State: TN

Post by abby1kanobe »

Jaol wrote:Wow. Our mission got tiered cause of lead weights. Some hillbill knew it right off the bat apparently. We would've gotten first probably too. Beware touching lead and licking your fingers guys! You may not make it through. Top 3 teams were within 17 points and it got 22nd >.>
If it makes you feel any better our wind power team was accidently ranked as as our C team and we were scored 22nd for wind power but we actually should have been scored 7th for A team.

You guys are awesome and you will be there when it counts!! Great job to all teams today .
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

abby1kanobe wrote:
If it makes you feel any better our wind power team was accidentally ranked as as our C team and we were scored 22nd for wind power but we actually should have been scored 7th for A team.

You guys are awesome and you will be there when it counts!! Great job to all teams today .
Oh gosh! That sucks! Your point score would've been much better. Good job to you too!
rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Post by rfscoach »

FYI - Our A Mission placed 14 with the Tier, not a 22 NS or 23 DQ.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

rfscoach wrote:
Woah! Really? How many points were lost off of the tier?
samlan16

Post by samlan16 »

abby1kanobe wrote: If it makes you feel any better our wind power team was accidently ranked as as our C team and we were scored 22nd for wind power but we actually should have been scored 7th for A team.

That happened once to my school's Chem Lab team. We got ranked as a DQ, and our B team got ranked 5th despite not doing the event.
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
Unome

Post by Unome »

rfscoach wrote:
So was it supposed to be tiered or DQed? I don't know that much about the Mission rules.

Also, updated top ten with scores (also now in the OP):

1. Bearden Blue (115)
2. Fulton Science Academy A (121)
3. Vickery Creek A (132)
4. Fulton Science Academy B (168)
5. Friendship Christian A (191)
6. Bearden Red (204)
7. Auburn White (216)
8. Cedar Springs A (233)
9. Vickery Creek B (238)
10. Prattville A (245)
Last edited by Unome on January 10th, 2016, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Userpage

rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Post by rfscoach »

Unome wrote:
rfscoach wrote:
So was it supposed to be tiered or DQed? I don't know that much about the Mission rules.
Participation points. There were 14 Missions, we placed 14th.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”