2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

User avatar
windu34
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1189
Joined: April 19th, 2015, 6:37 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby windu34 » June 4th, 2016, 4:03 pm

zyzzyva980 wrote:Bernard needs to go to a school that gets out earlier.

^true
President of Science Olympiad at the University of Florida || Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
kevin@floridascienceolympiad.org
windu34's Userpage

Event Supervisor for 2019:
MIT Invitational - Mission Possible
Harvard Invitational - Sounds of Music
Princeton Invitational - Herpetology

goldengatescioly
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: May 27th, 2016, 2:17 pm
State: -
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby goldengatescioly » June 23rd, 2016, 8:10 pm

Hi everyone! We’re here to announce an exciting collaboration between past Science Olympiad National medalists at Stanford and Berkeley: the first annual Golden Gate Invitational. On February 11, 2017, our student groups will co-host an invitational run exclusively by past national competitors and event supervisors, open to teams across the nation. We’re thrilled to be the first university-run invitational on the west coast, and invite anyone interested to check out our website at www.goldengateso.com. Make sure to sign up for the mailing list to hear more information this summer and fall!

Join the conversation at: viewtopic.php?f=214&t=9322

Talk to us at goldengatescioly@gmail.com.
Check us out at GoldenGateSO.com

User avatar
windu34
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1189
Joined: April 19th, 2015, 6:37 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby windu34 » June 27th, 2016, 7:45 am

bernard wrote:
Unome wrote:
ampy1234567 wrote:Hm are the prediction contest results posted anywhere?

Not yet; as far as we know, bernard is still working on getting results.

Bernard recorded all submissions and started the code but it is on hold for a week as bernard has finals.

So...do we have results?
President of Science Olympiad at the University of Florida || Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
kevin@floridascienceolympiad.org
windu34's Userpage

Event Supervisor for 2019:
MIT Invitational - Mission Possible
Harvard Invitational - Sounds of Music
Princeton Invitational - Herpetology

User avatar
Person
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 134
Joined: September 4th, 2015, 6:27 pm
Division: C
State: -
Location: ento
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby Person » June 27th, 2016, 1:15 pm

I think he said on IRC that he's still working on it.
I am a Person.
Past events: Solar Systems, Crave the Wave, ENTOMOLOGY, Dynamic Planet, Scrambler, Invasive Species, Forensics, Hydrogeology, Optics, Herpetology, Astronomy, Remote Sensing
#TehEntoCult ENTO IS LUV ENTO IS LYFE
Most Original Username 2016, 2017, 2018
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

DoctaDave
Member
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: December 28th, 2013, 10:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby DoctaDave » July 28th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Person wrote:I think he said on IRC that he's still working on it.


Is he still working on it?

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1882
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby bernard » July 28th, 2016, 9:47 pm

DoctaDave wrote:
Person wrote:I think he said on IRC that he's still working on it.


Is he still working on it?

Haven't touched it for a bit. Was busy this past week.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3612
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby Unome » August 8th, 2016, 5:36 pm

bernard wrote:
DoctaDave wrote:
Person wrote:I think he said on IRC that he's still working on it.


Is he still working on it?

Haven't touched it for a bit. Was busy this past week.

First day of school was today.

Still waiting
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1882
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby bernard » August 8th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Unome wrote:
bernard wrote:
DoctaDave wrote:
Is he still working on it?

Haven't touched it for a bit. Was busy this past week.

First day of school was today.

Still waiting

I deleted an entire directory and it's still appearing. I don't know what I'm doing.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3612
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby Unome » August 16th, 2016, 1:09 pm

Is that flag on soinc.org really going to be the 2017 tournament logo? I like the colors, but... ehh
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
SenseiSushi
Member
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: April 28th, 2015, 3:51 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Los Estados Unidos
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby SenseiSushi » August 16th, 2016, 9:32 pm

Unome wrote:Is that flag on soinc.org really going to be the 2017 tournament logo? I like the colors, but... ehh


If you don't like the 2017 flag, you might want to look to a few of the flags from past national tournaments for more design ideas:


2003:
Image

Check out the great design aspects on this flag from the first time nationals was held in Ohio! The image quality from MS Paint really stands out!

1998:
Image

2003 not old enough for you? Check out the lifelike qualities of the frog on the national flag back in '98! I know surfing frogs get me excited to do science!

1997:
Image

Have twenty people that all have different ideas for what the national tournament flag should look like? Why not incorporate everyones' ideas at the same time on one great flag!

1993:
Image

This is most likely the greatest national tournament flag in existence. Just look at the clever repurposing of the Science Olympiad logo and the addition of the subtle yet endearing words, "9th" and "National". This flag represents all the qualities that make Science Olympiad great. Quite possibly, the holy grail of national tournament flags.
Userpage
2014 States: R&M-4th, Sounds of Music-5th
2015 States: Crime Busters-2nd, Green Gen-2nd
2015 Nationals: Green Generation-1st
2015 Swap Meet: Cheese Hat
2016 States: Green Gen-1st, Exp Des-5th, Scrambler-6th
2016 Nationals: Green Generation-1st

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby chalker » August 17th, 2016, 5:19 am

Sensei_Sushi wrote:Check out the great design aspects on this flag from the first time nationals was held in Ohio! The image quality from MS Paint really stands out!


Just to be a bit pedantic, 2003 was NOT the first time it was held in Ohio. 1987 was. (And I'm positive MS Paint wasn't used for the logo in 2003;)

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3612
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby Unome » August 17th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Sensei_Sushi wrote:
Unome wrote:Is that flag on soinc.org really going to be the 2017 tournament logo? I like the colors, but... ehh


If you don't like the 2017 flag, you might want to look to a few of the flags from past national tournaments for more design ideas:


2003:
Image

Check out the great design aspects on this flag from the first time nationals was held in Ohio! The image quality from MS Paint really stands out!

1998:
Image

2003 not old enough for you? Check out the lifelike qualities of the frog on the national flag back in '98! I know surfing frogs get me excited to do science!

1997:
Image

Have twenty people that all have different ideas for what the national tournament flag should look like? Why not incorporate everyones' ideas at the same time on one great flag!

1993:
Image

This is most likely the greatest national tournament flag in existence. Just look at the clever repurposing of the Science Olympiad logo and the addition of the subtle yet endearing words, "9th" and "National". This flag represents all the qualities that make Science Olympiad great. Quite possibly, the holy grail of national tournament flags.

:lol:

although I was mostly comparing to the more recent ones, like:

2016
Image

2015
Image

2014
Image

2013
Image

2012
Image
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 1537
Joined: November 18th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: KS
Location: Drake University
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby zyzzyva980 » August 17th, 2016, 3:14 pm

Sensei_Sushi wrote:
Unome wrote:Is that flag on soinc.org really going to be the 2017 tournament logo? I like the colors, but... ehh


If you don't like the 2017 flag, you might want to look to a few of the flags from past national tournaments for more design ideas:


2003:
Image

Check out the great design aspects on this flag from the first time nationals was held in Ohio! The image quality from MS Paint really stands out!



That one from 2003 is my spirit flag. I'm breathless right now. What a winner.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: Wiki & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3612
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby Unome » August 30th, 2016, 5:33 pm

So apparently the Awards Ceremony video was uploaded a few days ago (and I didn't notice until yesterday :oops: ). I've added a (very long) comment with links to different parts of the video for ease of access.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Adi1008
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 418
Joined: December 6th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Division: Grad
State: TX
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: 2016 National Tournament: University of Wisconsin

Postby Adi1008 » August 30th, 2016, 9:20 pm

Unome wrote:So apparently the Awards Ceremony video was uploaded a few days ago (and I didn't notice until yesterday :oops: ). I've added a (very long) comment with links to different parts of the video for ease of access.


Danggg thanks Unome; that comment was super helpful!
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14


Return to “2016 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest