Scioly.org Meetup at Nationals

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Scioly.org Meetup at Nationals

Post by Unome »

I figured maybe we should get this started ahead of time. Looking at the building plans, there are several locations we can form a meeting place at (assuming the meetup will be during the Swap Meet, which is in the Multipurpose Room). Any thoughts on where it should be? Other stuff? I'll put the location and such in this post when it's decided. Also John Richardsim - does your team still have that banner from last year? (assuming you guys make it)

Location for Meetup: South Wall of Multipurpose Room (during Swap Meet)

Updated 5-16-16. The [primary location is near the south wall (labeled "1"). I've also added additional possible locations in case there are obstacles in the original location. If we have to switch to one of those, I'll try to post on here; if not, just check each of them in order.
Scioly meetup locations.png
Last edited by Unome on May 16th, 2016, 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
sciolyFTW_aku
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly.org Meetup at Nationals

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

We should meet during the swap meet, because most of the teams come to the meet.
B-)
samlan16

Post by samlan16 »

How about at the center of the track? Last year at UNL, it was supposedly in an obscure corner, so let's make it visible. I'll bring a flagpole if we want to put the Scioly banner on it!
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
JoJoKeKe
State: ID

Post by JoJoKeKe »

samlan16 wrote:How about at the center of the track? Last year at UNL, it was supposedly in an obscure corner, so let's make it visible. I'll bring a flagpole if we want to put the Scioly banner on it!
I didn't even release there was a meeting at the Swap Meet last year. I wish I would have gone. 0_o
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
awesome90220
Division: B
State: AL

Post by awesome90220 »

Is the swap meet at an indoor track area like it was last year? I feel like the outer arena ring like the one at UCF would make it more difficult, as you'd be able to see everything around you at the track
2016 Season: BISOT/Reg/State/Nats
Wind Power:9/1/1/11
Experimental Design:5/1/1/16
It's About Time:-/1/1/20
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

awesome90220 wrote:Is the swap meet at an indoor track area like it was last year? I feel like the outer arena ring like the one at UCF would make it more difficult, as you'd be able to see everything around you at the track
Click on the link that Unome put out. He says it's supposed to be held in the multi-purpose room. Another thought to not make it overly obvious, because random people will come over wondering and being middle and high schoolers. Hope this one is stricter on details!
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

Jaol wrote:
awesome90220 wrote:Is the swap meet at an indoor track area like it was last year? I feel like the outer arena ring like the one at UCF would make it more difficult, as you'd be able to see everything around you at the track
Click on the link that Unome put out. He says it's supposed to be held in the multi-purpose room. Another thought to not make it overly obvious, because random people will come over wondering and being middle and high schoolers. Hope this one is stricter on details!
The multipurpose room is an indoor track. It's about 100 feet away from the outdoor track. The multipurpose is inside the Johnson Fieldhouse.
Last edited by LIPX3 on April 18th, 2016, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

LIPX3 wrote: The multipurpose room is an indoor track. It's right by the outdoor track.
Do you know if the multipurpose room is far from the Johnson Field House where the opening ceremony is?

Also did the ultimate Frisbee tournament work out last year? Is it happening again?
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:
LIPX3 wrote: The multipurpose room is an indoor track. It's right by the outdoor track.
Do you know if the multipurpose room is far from the Johnson Field House where the opening ceremony is?

Also did the ultimate Frisbee tournament work out last year? Is it happening again?
The multipurpose room is in the Johnson Fieldhouse. I don't know about the frisbee tournament.
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:

The frisbee tournament wasn't able to work out. Ron and I looked at the map of campus they provided, and thought we had found a good spot where it could be held, but we checked it out on google maps and found a bunch of buildings there...apparently the map was about 10 years old, iirc (#CaliforniaNebraskaLove).

And yes, Unome, I believe Ron most likely still does have that banner. If (uh, I mean, "When!"...confidence...yeah...) we make it, I will be sure to have him bring it (not sure if we will be going to the swap meet (if given the choice, I certainly won't go...can't really speak for other people on my team), but if for some reason Ron, Trent, and I all aren't going to attend it, we can always dump it on someone at opening ceremonies).

However, I think what we really need is for samlan to bring air horns...then try pretending like you didn't know where it was...

Return to “2016 Nationals”