Division: Grad
State: GA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly.org Meetup at Nationals

Post by Jaol »

LIPX3 wrote:
Magikarpmaster629 wrote:
LIPX3 wrote: The multipurpose room is an indoor track. It's right by the outdoor track.
Do you know if the multipurpose room is far from the Johnson Field House where the opening ceremony is?

Also did the ultimate Frisbee tournament work out last year? Is it happening again?
The multipurpose room is in the Johnson Fieldhouse. I don't know about the frisbee tournament.
So the opening ceremony is before the swap meet, right? They will most likely shuffle us throught the closest way to the multi-purpose room so if LIPX3 remembers that that would nice I suppose.
LIPX3
Division: C

Post by LIPX3 »

Jaol wrote:
LIPX3 wrote:
Magikarpmaster629 wrote: Do you know if the multipurpose room is far from the Johnson Field House where the opening ceremony is?

Also did the ultimate Frisbee tournament work out last year? Is it happening again?
The multipurpose room is in the Johnson Fieldhouse. I don't know about the frisbee tournament.
So the opening ceremony is before the swap meet, right? They will most likely shuffle us throught the closest way to the multi-purpose room so if LIPX3 remembers that that would nice I suppose.
You go down a ramp for about 30 feet, take a right, take another right, and go through the door.
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

LIPX3 wrote:
Jaol wrote: So the opening ceremony is before the swap meet, right? They will most likely shuffle us throught the closest way to the multi-purpose room so if LIPX3 remembers that that would nice I suppose.
You go down a ramp for about 30 feet, take a right, take another right, and go through the door.
According to the building plans that Unome posted, which door is it at? So the people setting it up can have an easier time knowing where they are without looking at the building plans.
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

Jaol wrote:
LIPX3 wrote:
Jaol wrote: So the opening ceremony is before the swap meet, right? They will most likely shuffle us throught the closest way to the multi-purpose room so if LIPX3 remembers that that would nice I suppose.
According to the building plans that Unome posted, which door is it at? So the people setting it up can have an easier time knowing where they are without looking at the building plans.
The door is not numbered, it's between rooms 23 and 24 on the right side.
JoJoKeKe
State: ID

Post by JoJoKeKe »

LIPX3 wrote:
Jaol wrote:
LIPX3 wrote: You go down a ramp for about 30 feet, take a right, take another right, and go through the door.
One more question about the campus (apologies for bombarding you with questions)... Are the awards ceremonies going to be held in a gym or like nationals last year? When I looked up the location of the award ceremonies images came up that looked like a gym with bleachers... Can you give any information on this?

Thanks! ^^
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

JoJoKeKe wrote:
LIPX3 wrote:
Jaol wrote: According to the building plans that Unome posted, which door is it at? So the people setting it up can have an easier time knowing where they are without looking at the building plans.
One more question about the campus (apologies for bombarding you with questions)... Are the awards ceremonies going to be held in a gym or like nationals last year? When I looked up the location of the award ceremonies images came up that looked like a gym with bleachers... Can you give any information on this?

Thanks! ^^
It is in a gym, but is a very large gym.
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

This is the room.
Unome

Post by Unome »

So does anyone who's been to the room know of any good places inside the room to meet? Once we settle on a location, I'll put it in the OP along with a labeled map. I was thinking we could be ~25 feet below the door on the eastern wall of the room; it's near a set landmark, so we don't end up wandering from the original location too much, but isn't in a hard-to-find location.

Also, since Grand Haven isn't going, any ideas about what to do for visibility?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

Unome wrote:So does anyone who's been to the room know of any good places inside the room to meet? Once we settle on a location, I'll put it in the OP along with a labeled map. I was thinking we could be ~25 feet below the door on the eastern wall of the room; it's near a set landmark, so we don't end up wandering from the original location too much, but isn't in a hard-to-find location.

Also, since Grand Haven isn't going, any ideas about what to do for visibility?
As I said before, the banner isn't as effective as samlan bringing air horns.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Unome wrote: Also, since Grand Haven isn't going, any ideas about what to do for visibility?
One of those giant inflatable bendy men that used-car dealerships have.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

Return to “2016 Nationals”