National Test Discussion

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2106
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by chalker » May 23rd, 2016, 5:50 pm

Adi1008 wrote: If possible, could you post the top 6ish scores?

Additionally, (this is kinda random) do you guys think one could email the proctors and ask them if we could see what we missed? There were some really interesting problems that even after a couple of days of researching them, I'm not quite sure what the answer should be
1st was 77 and 6th was 63. The proctors might not have the exams / answer keys anymore. The vast majority are turned into the national office who files them away for a while.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

User avatar
JoJoKeKe
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:29 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by JoJoKeKe » May 23rd, 2016, 6:08 pm

chalker wrote:
Adi1008 wrote: If possible, could you post the top 6ish scores?

Additionally, (this is kinda random) do you guys think one could email the proctors and ask them if we could see what we missed? There were some really interesting problems that even after a couple of days of researching them, I'm not quite sure what the answer should be
1st was 77 and 6th was 63. The proctors might not have the exams / answer keys anymore. The vast majority are turned into the national office who files them away for a while.
I'm now curious about how close I was in fossils to medalling. :|
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions

varunscs11
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: March 14th, 2015, 9:02 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by varunscs11 » May 23rd, 2016, 6:15 pm

Chalker, I understand that this is a ton of work for you but I was wondering what the score distribution for experimental design was. I just want to know how many teams got scores from 118-120.
Liberal Arts and Science Academy 2015-2017
University of Pennsylvania 2021
MIT Rocks and Minerals 2018, Fossils 2019

varunscs11's Userpage

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2106
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by chalker » May 23rd, 2016, 6:30 pm

varunscs11 wrote:Chalker, I understand that this is a ton of work for you but I was wondering what the score distribution for experimental design was. I just want to know how many teams got scores from 118-120.
Nobody got scores that high. Max was 115 and average was 94. Interestingly, this is essentially true for both divisions!

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2106
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by chalker » May 23rd, 2016, 6:36 pm

JoJoKeKe wrote: I'm now curious about how close I was in fossils to medalling. :|
2 points.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

varunscs11
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: March 14th, 2015, 9:02 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by varunscs11 » May 23rd, 2016, 6:43 pm

chalker wrote:
varunscs11 wrote:Chalker, I understand that this is a ton of work for you but I was wondering what the score distribution for experimental design was. I just want to know how many teams got scores from 118-120.
Nobody got scores that high. Max was 115 and average was 94. Interestingly, this is essentially true for both divisions!

Wow that is really surprising. Is the committee planning on making any significant changes to ExD?
Liberal Arts and Science Academy 2015-2017
University of Pennsylvania 2021
MIT Rocks and Minerals 2018, Fossils 2019

varunscs11's Userpage

User avatar
calvin102111
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by calvin102111 » May 23rd, 2016, 6:46 pm

Hey Chalker, could you post the average part I score from Wind Power? I know its all relative to the setup, but I was just curious what people were getting.
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2106
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by chalker » May 23rd, 2016, 6:52 pm

calvin102111 wrote:Hey Chalker, could you post the average part I score from Wind Power? I know its all relative to the setup, but I was just curious what people were getting.
I don't have a copy of the Div B raw data yet, so I can't unfortunately.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2106
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by chalker » May 23rd, 2016, 6:53 pm

varunscs11 wrote: Wow that is really surprising. Is the committee planning on making any significant changes to ExD?
I don't know as it's not in my committee, but I doubt it since ExD has pretty much been the same forever.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

User avatar
calvin102111
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by calvin102111 » May 23rd, 2016, 6:54 pm

chalker wrote:
calvin102111 wrote:Hey Chalker, could you post the average part I score from Wind Power? I know its all relative to the setup, but I was just curious what people were getting.
I don't have a copy of the Div B raw data yet, so I can't unfortunately.
Ah, no worries. Thanks anyways!
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

Locked

Return to “2016 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest