National Test Discussion

SenseiSushi
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0

Re: National Test Discussion

Post by SenseiSushi »

Hey Chalker,

Can I get the point differences between 1st and 2nd place in Green Gen?

Thanks!
Userpage
2014 States: R&M-4th, Sounds of Music-5th
2015 States: Crime Busters-2nd, Green Gen-2nd
2015 Nationals: Green Generation-1st
2015 Swap Meet: Cheese Hat
2016 States: Green Gen-1st, Exp Des-5th, Scrambler-6th
2016 Nationals: Green Generation-1st
chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Post by chalker »

Sensei_Sushi wrote:Hey Chalker,

Can I get the point differences between 1st and 2nd place in Green Gen?

Thanks!
2 points.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
superpenguin666
State: MO
Been thanked: 0

Post by superpenguin666 »

Chalker,
I'm from Ladue Middle School and competed in Invasive Species (Division B). I was wondering how my partner and I missed 40 points on the national test(according to an earlier post where you answered how many points we missed) where we thought we missed maybe 10-15 at max. Can you please tell me the major things we missed and how it was graded (mostly the short answer part) so we can improve for next year? Thanks!
2017-2018 Season: Thermo :P , Ecology, Optics
Goals: Win nats in Optics and Thermo... wait a minute... :cry:
State: Not scored/1/1
asdfqwerzzz2

Post by asdfqwerzzz2 »

superpenguin666 wrote:Chalker,
I'm from Ladue Middle School and competed in Invasive Species (Division B). I was wondering how my partner and I missed 40 points on the national test(according to an earlier post where you answered how many points we missed) where we thought we missed maybe 10-15 at max. Can you please tell me the major things we missed and how it was graded (mostly the short answer part) so we can improve for next year? Thanks!
He just has the numbers, not the actual test.
JoJoKeKe
State: ID

Post by JoJoKeKe »

I am still wondering the same thing about my test, Superpenguin.

I went out of the test thinking we missed ~15-20 only to find out that we missed 50 points and received 24th place. While I was thinking that I would score in the low to mid 20s, I was not expecting to score there with half the test incorrect- a real surprise. It seems that the top 20 teams all had very close scores, and that leaves me curious as to what almost everyone did so poorly on.
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
unwoundmouse

Post by unwoundmouse »

Hi Chalker,

Could you tell me how far off 2nd was from 1st for Cell Biology and the difference between 3rd was from 1st in Disease Detectives? Thanks again for your help!
ThatSundae25
Division: B
State: MN

Post by ThatSundae25 »

Hi Chalker,
I'm new here...but I'm just wondering how far was my 19th in Anatomy B from 6th...and also how my 6th in Disease B is from 1st.

Also, my friends are wondering how far is a 40th in Experimental Design B from 1st...how far is a 17th in Crime Busters B from medaling...and how far is a 50th in Green Generation B from medaling.

Thank you so much!
chalker

Post by chalker »

asdfqwerzzz2 wrote:
He just has the numbers, not the actual test.
Correct. And it's my understanding that at this point all the various other paperwork associated with the National tournament (e.g. tests, etc) have been disposed of, so there isn't any way to give specific feedback (nor would we ever do that if we had it, because it would open a floodgate of requests from people that we wouldn't have time to fulfill.)

I will note that Ladue was 6 points behind first place, so while you might be wondering how you missed out on so many points, keep in mind that ALL the BEST teams in the nation performed similarly. This clearly isn't a specific fluke, but rather that the test in general (as is the case with most National's test) was extremely challenging.

Student Alumni
chalker

Post by chalker »

unwoundmouse wrote:Hi Chalker,

Could you tell me how far off 2nd was from 1st for Cell Biology and the difference between 3rd was from 1st in Disease Detectives? Thanks again for your help!
Tiebreaker and 5 points.

Student Alumni
chalker

Post by chalker »

ThatSundae25 wrote:Hi Chalker,
I'm new here...but I'm just wondering how far was my 19th in Anatomy B from 6th...and also how my 6th in Disease B is from 1st.

Also, my friends are wondering how far is a 40th in Experimental Design B from 1st...how far is a 17th in Crime Busters B from medaling...and how far is a 50th in Green Generation B from medaling.

Thank you so much!
7, 15, 25, 21, 23 points

Student Alumni

Return to “2016 Nationals”