Page 10 of 12

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: February 1st, 2016, 8:08 am
by sciolylover13
Ok.
Name and describe two types of mining and their effects on the environment.

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: February 1st, 2016, 4:56 pm
by varunscs11
The two prominent types of mining are subsurface and surface mining. The main problem with surface mining is that it disturbs the land and its exposed to weather meaning that rainfall could lead to the runoff of harmful chemicals within the mining waste (tailings). Subsurface mining disturbs the land less but its much more expensive and takes more energy and time to plan because a poorly built mine means higher chance of accidents.

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: February 1st, 2016, 5:01 pm
by sciolylover13
varunscs11 wrote:
The two prominent types of mining are subsurface and surface mining. The main problem with surface mining is that it disturbs the land and its exposed to weather meaning that rainfall could lead to the runoff of harmful chemicals within the mining waste (tailings). Subsurface mining disturbs the land less but its much more expensive and takes more energy and time to plan because a poorly built mine means higher chance of accidents.
YAY!! Correct!

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: February 2nd, 2016, 10:11 am
by SenseiSushi
Who is the person credited with discovering the greenhouse effect?

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: February 3rd, 2016, 4:27 pm
by Kuttan
Sensei_Sushi wrote:Who is the person credited with discovering the greenhouse effect?
It is varunscs11's turn to ask a question. If you get their (sorry grammar nazis) question right, then you can ask your

EDIT: Forget this, it's been long enough.

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: February 20th, 2016, 3:42 pm
by lavendercats814
(I don't know, I'm new to this, but it seems that that was more than 2 weeks ago?)
I had to look it up, but is this person










[hide] Savante Arrhenius?[/hide]

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: February 20th, 2016, 3:53 pm
by Thunderlight8
It could also be Joseph Fourier

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: March 1st, 2016, 5:20 am
by SenseiSushi
lavendercats814 wrote:(I don't know, I'm new to this, but it seems that that was more than 2 weeks ago?)
I had to look it up, but is this person










[hide] Savante Arrhenius?[/hide]
Yup! Except it's spelled Svante.

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: March 6th, 2016, 4:11 pm
by radioactiveviolet
1st time posting!
Explain why amphibians, such as frogs, are good indicator species as to how an ecosystem is faring.

Re: Green Generation B/C

Posted: March 10th, 2016, 10:54 am
by varunscs11
It's because their bodies are very sensitive to changes in their environment. Amphibian breathe mainly through their skin so that is why they are very sensitive to their surroundings. If their environment is changed by changing water temperature or salinity or pH, even by a little, they will die.