Cell Biology C

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
asthedeer
Division: C
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cell Biology C

Post by asthedeer »

finagle29 wrote:
b. Mitochondria - the powerhouse of the cell, the mitochondria is where most of the ATP synthesis occurs in aerobic cells.  Citric acid cycle occurs here along with oxidative phosphorylation to harness the chemical energy stored in pyruvate. 
d. Golgi apparatus - looks like a stack of flattened pancakes, the Golgi apparatus modifies and packages proteins before they are to be secreted or stored in a membrane.  Transport vesicles enter on the cis side of the Golgi from the RER, are modified as they pass through the medial Golgi and exit in a vesicle to be secreted or become a lysosome.
e. Rough ER - a high folded membrane studded with ribosomes, the RER is the site of the synthesis of proteins that are to be secreted
g. Ribosome - small organelle in all cells that assembles polypeptide sequences from mRNA and amino acids
j. Vacuoles, any type - central vacuole is a large vacuole full of water and nutrients that occupies the majority of the volume inside a plant cell, contractile vacuoles collect water in freshwater protists and contract to expel the excess water from the cell, acting as a bilge pump
Very good! Your turn!
Pilgrimage Homeschool Science Olympiad 2017!!!
Anatomy, ExD, Rocks and Minerals, Helicopters.

Check out my blog!
rockandminerals4him.wordpress.com

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
~God, Jeremiah 29:11

Return to “2016 Question Marathons”