1. What is the name of the center object?
2. When was it discovered, and by who?
3. There is another object in this system that is not visible because it does not emit in visible wavelengths. What is it called, and what (broad category) does it emit in?
4. What star cluster is this object seen in from Earth?
5. What is the name of the object to the right of it, and what kind of object is it?
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)
A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
1. WISE 0855-0714
2. Coldest brown dwarf known, least massive brown dwarf known, 4th closest star to the Sun
3. 225-260 K
Chattahoochee High School Science Olympiad Co-President 2015-16:
Nationals: Game On: 7th place 2016-17:
Chem Lab: 1/-/-/
Game On: 6/-/3/
Dynamic Planet: 2/2/2/
Rocks & Minerals: -/14/3/