2016 Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
haverstall
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2016 Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational

Post by haverstall »

Hey folks!

The Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni are excited to announce that we will once again be holding the Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational this upcoming January 09, 2016, at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. If you're looking to sign up for our competition, let your coaches know, and visit our website at sciolyumn.wordpress.com!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or ask in this forum. Thanks!
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni
LIPX3
Division: C

Re: 2016 Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational

Post by LIPX3 »

The fire alarms were a lot of fun. So was not having any awards.
sciolycoach
Coach
Coach
State: WI

Post by sciolycoach »

Hey, lets take a step back here. I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to the entire team of MN Scioly Alumni for putting on a great Science Olympiad Invitational tournament yesterday. As it sounded at the end of the day, the fire alarms were issues with the building at the U of M, not related to the SO folks in any way, just creating a big headache and turning the tournament leaders into unfortunate scapegoats. There is nothing that can be done when issues like that arise, and I thought that the directors did a GREAT job of keeping the events on schedule (at least as close as they could) and doing the best they could in a very unfortunate situation. Technology doesn't always work the way we intend, and kudos to the tournament folks for getting the scores out last night, putting in the time after a very long and challenging day.

My hats off to John and the entire team for a job well done in the face of tremendous adversity. Many people (especially students) don't often know how much work goes on behind the scenes with all of the volunteers that need to come together for a tournament to work and I want to thank each and every volunteer for all of their work to make this tournament possible!
Andy Hamm
Boyceville Science Olympiad
Boyceville, WI
haverstall
State: MN
Been thanked: 0

Post by haverstall »

Hey folks!

Sorry again about the fire alarms and the awards ceremony. Sometimes, Murphy's Law strikes with a vengeance and we were unfortunate in having problems with both facilities and technology. Thanks to all the competitors and coaches for understanding and keeping calm, especially during the fire alarms.

That being said, we are happy to announce that results are finally up and available here!

Congratulations to this Chippewa Whales, Friedell Black, and Menomonie Maroon for finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni

Return to “2016 Competition Advertising”