Wind Power B/C

soyuppy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wind Power B/C

Post by soyuppy »

soyuppy wrote:Has anyone tried using the standard science lab ring stand to test/mount/run the blade? Is it sturdy or stable enough to withstand the hi/low box fan speed?
calvin102111
Division: C
State: IN

Post by calvin102111 »

soyuppy wrote:
soyuppy wrote:Has anyone tried using the standard science lab ring stand to test/mount/run the blade? Is it sturdy or stable enough to withstand the hi/low box fan speed?
Can't say I have, but I know that my high school used it and they didn't have any trouble with it, so.
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

soyuppy wrote:

It works. Just make sure it is a heavy version of a ring stand and you wont have any issues even at high speed with a great design. Sometimes you will have to hold the CD attachment because it will want to spin but that's about it (unless you glue it...)
soyuppy

Post by soyuppy »

JonB wrote:
soyuppy wrote:

It works. Just make sure it is a heavy version of a ring stand and you wont have any issues even at high speed with a great design. Sometimes you will have to hold the CD attachment because it will want to spin but that's about it (unless you glue it...)
What "heavy version of ring stand"? Do you know how heavy?
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

soyuppy wrote:
JonB wrote:
soyuppy wrote:

What "heavy version of ring stand"? Do you know how heavy?

The larger the better? I can't tell you the weight off the top of my head.
soyuppy

Post by soyuppy »

chalker wrote: No min distance anymore. Not sure why a max distance would matter? Definitely cleared up the language allowing movement / positioning.
So this mean blade can be aligned as close to the fan as possible. But this also mean that blade can easily hit the fan if not careful. On one side, this is good to be able to have that option. On the other hand, it can spell pitfall danger of blade hitting the fan. humm
Fibonacci924
Division: Grad
State: MN

Post by Fibonacci924 »

So the rules will be changed from 5 cm being the closest the blade gets to the fan?
"Truth is like poetry. And most people *butterfly* hate poetry."- Overheard in a Washington DC bar.

Always remember: P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

Two time member of the Eternal Order of the Assassinators

Return to “Wind Power B/C”