N. Cal Wind Power event was a joke

kenniky
Division: Grad
State: MA

Re: N. Cal Wind Power event was a joke

Postby kenniky » May 15th, 2016, 8:37 pm

I feel like it'd be hard to standardize even then, plus box fans cost like $35 so I feel like lots of ES's wouldn't abide to them just due to the money constraint.

plus I feel like it would still be inconsistent; you'd have to specify like a particular brand or something which would be kinda ridiculous.

PHXcoach
Division: B
State: AZ

Postby PHXcoach » May 15th, 2016, 9:52 pm

The 20" box fans in Arizona cost less than $20 each from Home Depot and Lowes (which was less than the cost of gas to get to some of the invitationals) so I am not sure that the cost is too high. Interestingly they are considered seasonal items so I got the last two when I purchased them in October. I did get 2 different brands but found that the blade voltage changed by less than 10% between the 2 fan brands.

On the other hand I have seen far more variability on the CD motor voltages (up to 100% difference) and I have only tried 5 different motors so far.

sciduck
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MN

Postby sciduck » May 17th, 2016, 2:58 pm

PHXcoach wrote:On the other hand I have seen far more variability on the CD motor voltages (up to 100% difference) and I have only tried 5 different motors so far.

That's nice to know the fans are consistent.
And yeah, motors are super variable. At one of my competitions my slow speed voltage was more than twice as large as my high speed one (not gonna lie, I was super freaked out).
SCIDUCK wants to fight!
———————————————
SCIDUCK uses CONFUSION!
———————————————

Return to “Wind Power B/C”