Air Trajectory B/C

Whiteheat073
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Air Trajectory B/C

Post by Whiteheat073 »

Also, is the graph template for Division B available yet? On the event sheet it says that it is available on the website, but it says that it is not available yet.
CM
Yes I'm a geek who likes TF2. Don't judge me.
brayden box
State: NY

Post by brayden box »

What is the max degree for div B that the target can be placed away to the right or left from the center?
BBOX
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

brayden box wrote:What is the max degree for div B that the target can be placed away to the right or left from the center?
The far target is the only one that does not need to be on the centerline, and it can be placed up to 2.00 m left or right of the centerline, and between 2.00 and 8.00 meters in the launch direction. The largest angle you would turn your device happens when the target is 2.00 m away in the launch direction and 2.00 m left or right of the centerline. This angle is arctan(2.00/2.00) = 45 degrees. This assumes your device launches the projectile perfectly straight towards the launch direction.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Whiteheat073

Post by Whiteheat073 »

bernard wrote:
brayden box wrote:What is the max degree for div B that the target can be placed away to the right or left from the center?
The far target is the only one that does not need to be on the centerline, and it can be placed up to 2.00 m left or right of the centerline, and between 2.00 and 8.00 meters in the launch direction. The largest angle you would turn your device happens when the target is 2.00 m away in the launch direction and 2.00 m left or right of the centerline. This angle is arctan(2.00/2.00) = 45 degrees. This assumes your device launches the projectile perfectly straight towards the launch direction.
Do you believe a trebuchet would be able to shoot perfectly straight? I am worried about it launching with too much velocity and that it will go too high and go over the target.
CM
Whiteheat073

Post by Whiteheat073 »

Also, will I be allowed to pull a string to release the hook and activate the trebuchet?
CM
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

Whiteheat073 wrote:Also, will I be allowed to pull a string to release the hook and activate the trebuchet?
A lot of teams trigger their device with a string or rod that is pulled. Keep in mind that the triggering device (3.e.) must allow for you to be at least 75 cm away from the launch area. So you'd most likely need a string or something that is long.

I'll consider your previous question later today; I have something coming up in a couple of minutes.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Whiteheat073

Post by Whiteheat073 »

bernard wrote:
Whiteheat073 wrote:Also, will I be allowed to pull a string to release the hook and activate the trebuchet?
A lot of teams trigger their device with a string or rod that is pulled. Keep in mind that the triggering device (3.e.) must allow for you to be at least 75 cm away from the launch area. So you'd most likely need a string or something that is long.
Okay. Thank you very much!
CM
Whiteheat073

Post by Whiteheat073 »

For a trebuchet, what projectile would you recommend we launch?
CM
Whiteheat073

Post by Whiteheat073 »

Does the 5 kg maximum mass include the string and projectiles?
CM
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

Whiteheat073 wrote:Does the 5 kg maximum mass include the string and projectiles?
See rule 3.a.: items of nominal mass do not count towards projectiles. So likely a string would not count towards your mass. And your projectile likely wouldn't contribute to the launch force. Short answer: probably no to both (unless you decide to make your string really heavy).

Return to “Air Trajectory B/C”