Device Dimensions

DoctaDave
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Device Dimensions

Post by DoctaDave »

Sorry if I missed it in the rules, but how is the distance to the bucket measured? Is the distance posted by the ES based on the center of the bucket? The edge?
Phys1cs
State: MD

Post by Phys1cs »

DoctaDave wrote:Sorry if I missed it in the rules, but how is the distance to the bucket measured? Is the distance posted by the ES based on the center of the bucket? The edge?

I've always seen to the center of the bucket. It will usually be described as "four up, two left/right" or something of that nature, where they put both the distance out and the distance over. Again, it may vary between ES but that's what I've seen here in IL
ft55555

Post by ft55555 »

What exactly does "ready-to-launch configuration" mean? Does that mean when the mass is locked in its maximum potential energy position?
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

ft55555 wrote:What exactly does "ready-to-launch configuration" mean? Does that mean when the mass is locked in its maximum potential energy position?
My interpretation is the configuration the instant before a launch. So after setting up the device to how they want it, competitors should be able to trigger it and it will launch assuming everything works.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “Air Trajectory B/C”