Using Arduino Programing

windu34
Division: Grad
State: FL

Re: Using Arduino Programing

Postby windu34 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Has anyone found that the code needed to run the many functions of the vehicle takes up too much space and CPU on the arduino? I have decided to split my code up inoto components to multiple arduinos in orderto smoothly run it using arduino master slave connections.
President of Science Olympiad at the University of Florida || Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
SONT 2016: 2nd place in Electric Vehicle || 3rd place in Robot Arm
SONT 2017: 2nd place in Electric Vehicle || 5th place in Invasive Species
Jazzin710@gmail.com
windu34's Userpage

Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY

Postby Bazinga+ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:24 am

windu34 wrote:Has anyone found that the code needed to run the many functions of the vehicle takes up too much space and CPU on the arduino? I have decided to split my code up inoto components to multiple arduinos in orderto smoothly run it using arduino master slave connections.

I don't see any point in having 2 arduinos. I've figured out how to make sure the program runs smoothlyand on a regular arduino uno (took a looot of trouble shooting), and I doubt that will fix it. I tried running everything from an arduino DUE (specs are all like 10x better than uno) and still had the same problem so the issue is the program not the processor (an instrument is only as good as its musician). I'd definitely start with Google.
Innovation =/= success

finagle29
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: PA

Postby finagle29 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:37 am

windu34 wrote:Has anyone found that the code needed to run the many functions of the vehicle takes up too much space and CPU on the arduino? I have decided to split my code up inoto components to multiple arduinos in orderto smoothly run it using arduino master slave connections.

Might be an indication that you're overcomplicating the problem: keep it simple silly. Although modularization across arduinos is an interesting challenge, is it worth the effort and can it perform as well as smaller, simpler code on one arduino?
Bayard Rustin HS Alum

2013 Events: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Experiment, Robot Arm
2014 Events: Circuit Lab, Experiment, TPS, Mat Sci, Astro
2015 Events: Astro, Chem Lab, Compound Machines, Experiment, Time, TPS
2016 Events: Astro, Cell Bio, Chem Lab, Electric Vehicle, Time, Protein Modeling, Wind Power

Return to “Electric Vehicle C”