Scores?

chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: Scores?

Post by chalker »

ChocolateLove wrote:Oh man, the clump was a lot closer than expected, i thought 2nd was MILES ahead of me. I.e. like 5 points which is a huge difference at nats. But from 22.48 to ~19.9 only 3 points difference is insanely close
It was even closer than that. windu34's numbers were a bit off, and his actual score was 20.70.

First place got a 16.00. I was told by the event supervisor that it was so fast they almost didn't have time to react manually to it (but the photogates captured it correctly).

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
JonB
Coach
Coach
Division: C
State: FL

Post by JonB »

chalker wrote:
ChocolateLove wrote:Oh man, the clump was a lot closer than expected, i thought 2nd was MILES ahead of me. I.e. like 5 points which is a huge difference at nats. But from 22.48 to ~19.9 only 3 points difference is insanely close
It was even closer than that. windu34's numbers were a bit off, and his actual score was 20.70.

First place got a 16.00. I was told by the event supervisor that it was so fast they almost didn't have time to react manually to it (but the photogates captured it correctly).
That's really an impressive first place run! From what I heard, the device was pretty remarkable.

Chalker, do you think the event next year will still be focused on how fast and accurate the device is or will new characteristics be tested (I am thinking year #1 of MagLev vs year #2 of MagLev as an example)?
ChocolateLove
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ChocolateLove »

chalker wrote:

Oh man.. a 1.78 point difference... that is a really tight clump.
Alumni of 2016 Harriton Team

Return to “Electric Vehicle C”