Programming an electric vehicle circuit

Anusha_Singh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Programming an electric vehicle circuit

Post by Anusha_Singh »

I wanted to program my electric vehicle for the science Olympiad using an arduino board and a DC motor. I am trying to research as much as I can but I am just a beginner and I need some help! I need help making a circuit for this(with everything connected together). Can anyone help me make an electrical circuit for my vehicle?
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Re: Programming an electric vehicle circuit

Post by windu34 »

Anusha_Singh wrote:I wanted to program my electric vehicle for the science Olympiad using an arduino board and a DC motor. I am trying to research as much as I can but I am just a beginner and I need some help! I need help making a circuit for this(with everything connected together). Can anyone help me make an electrical circuit for my vehicle?
Can you explain what you are trying to achieve, your setup (materials), and how your vehicle works/how you want it to move
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Anusha_Singh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Anusha_Singh »

I need to construct a circuit and I don't know what materials are required for that. I want my vehicle to travel in a straight line as per the rules and they will tell us the distance(5-10 meters) at the event, and accordingly we have to adjust our electric vehicle. It must also be able to travel backwards. I don't know how I should arrange all the materials I need in order to program my vehicle.
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

Anusha_Singh wrote:I need to construct a circuit and I don't know what materials are required for that. I want my vehicle to travel in a straight line as per the rules and they will tell us the distance(5-10 meters) at the event, and accordingly we have to adjust our electric vehicle. It must also be able to travel backwards. I don't know how I should arrange all the materials I need in order to program my vehicle.
Ok you need to a.) read the rules because you have the wrong distances, and b.) figure out exactly what you want it to do, font tell me what the rules say, you need to tell me how you plan to brake, how you plan on coding it, etc.
Essentially, you will want a motor driver shield or circuit to control the motor via pwm signals from the Arduino and maybe a control loop, but I have no idea what you want it to do so I really cant give you anything else besides that.
If you have a vehicle built, attach a pic, that will help us help you
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage

Return to “Electric Vehicle C”