Electric Wright Stuff C [TRIAL]

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA

Electric Wright Stuff C [TRIAL]

Postby bernard » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Electric Wright Stuff is a trial event for Division C at the National Tournament at Wright State University in Dayton, OH.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: -

Re: Electric Wright Stuff C [TRIAL]

Postby Raleway » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:21 pm

So I'll hopefully start this :| Anyone have ideas yet for this yet?

(I am assuming these are the rules https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... fC2017.pdf)

So unlike my previous experience with regular WS, there is much more variation allowed with this design and there isn't a set kit for this specific event (at least). There is no restriction on the length of the plane and doesn't matter as the motor does not exert tension on the motor stick. How would you guys go about this? I assume teams will use the maximum allowable dimensions for winds and stuff and also make plane light as possible to allow for clay to balance out weight of motor- I however think most motors will weigh more than 7g... so I feel quite lost. Any opinions?
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman

Unome
State: GA

Postby Unome » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Raleway wrote:So I'll hopefully start this :| Anyone have ideas yet for this yet?

(I am assuming these are the rules https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... fC2017.pdf)

So unlike my previous experience with regular WS, there is much more variation allowed with this design and there isn't a set kit for this specific event (at least). There is no restriction on the length of the plane and doesn't matter as the motor does not exert tension on the motor stick. How would you guys go about this? I assume teams will use the maximum allowable dimensions for winds and stuff and also make plane light as possible to allow for clay to balance out weight of motor- I however think most motors will weigh more than 7g... so I feel quite lost. Any opinions?

Rules are posted on the national tournament website (direct link)
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School

2018 Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, Fermi Questions, Herpetology, Materials Science, Remote Sensing

Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Anyone have any luck finding a 3 Volt 5 Farad capacitor? Our alternate can only seem to find stuff too large or too small.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)
UMass Amherst (2017-2021)

"After many years, perhaps someone may search our names in a page of the history book."

kmiller3
State: UT

Postby kmiller3 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:Anyone have any luck finding a 3 Volt 5 Farad capacitor? Our alternate can only seem to find stuff too large or too small.

Check out mouser electronics. They have capacitors that fit the requirements.

kenniky
State: MA

Postby kenniky » Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 pm

TIL this event is actually supposed to be called "Wright Stuff Capacitor"

Return to “2017 Build Events”