Rotor Egg Drop B [TRIAL]

kylg
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Rotor Egg Drop B [TRIAL]

Post by kylg »

Nevermind, I figured that out already. What I really want to know is what the winning times (and from what height) have been for rotor egg drop (or previously known as helicopter egg drop) at national tournaments in the past. I am getting ~2.4 seconds from a 4-meter drop with the egg surviving 100% of the time. Considering how a previous national competition drop was 4 stories and one normal storey (yes that is how you spell that) is 3 meters, A drop from such a competition would be 9 meters My rotor would do 5.4 seconds hypothetically, but since my 2.4 time includes spinning up to optimal speed, which the rotor only has to do once, I should be getting ~6-7 seconds from 9 meters. Is that considered competitive?
()_|_|__/_]
()''''|_|'''''''''''
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

kylg wrote:Nevermind, I figured that out already. What I really want to know is what the winning times (and from what height) have been for rotor egg drop (or previously known as helicopter egg drop) at national tournaments in the past. I am getting ~2.4 seconds from a 4-meter drop with the egg surviving 100% of the time. Considering how a previous national competition drop was 4 stories and one normal storey (yes that is how you spell that) is 3 meters, A drop from such a competition would be 9 meters My rotor would do 5.4 seconds hypothetically, but since my 2.4 time includes spinning up to optimal speed, which the rotor only has to do once, I should be getting ~6-7 seconds from 9 meters. Is that considered competitive?
From what I can remember, that sounds like a pretty good time. Considering that the top teams will probably have some info stored up from previous years it might not medal, but definitely has a shot if you can get up to 7 seconds.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
kylg
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Post by kylg »

I made one with larger wings and is slightly less stable. If it doesn't get tiered, it will get 7 seconds from 9 meters easy. Good luck anyone going to nationals
()_|_|__/_]
()''''|_|'''''''''''

Return to “2017 Build Events”