Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Fast Facts B

Post by Skink »

On a test I wrote earlier this season, I enjoyed asking teams about my favorite vegetables, the roots! :D Remember that this is not a biology event, though, so be sure to consider oddball categories for other branches of science, too.
ff
Been thanked: 0

Post by ff »

Skink wrote:On a test I wrote earlier this season, I enjoyed asking teams about my favorite vegetables, the roots! :D Remember that this is not a biology event, though, so be sure to consider oddball categories for other branches of science, too.
Thanks!! What categories are you suggesting? Most of the categories I can think of pretty much fall in the biology category (since they are so straightforward), which categories do you know of for the other major fields that may be tested?
chick-fil-a for life
State: CA

Post by chick-fil-a for life »

ff wrote:
Skink wrote:On a test I wrote earlier this season, I enjoyed asking teams about my favorite vegetables, the roots! :D Remember that this is not a biology event, though, so be sure to consider oddball categories for other branches of science, too.
Thanks!! What categories are you suggesting? Most of the categories I can think of pretty much fall in the biology category (since they are so straightforward), which categories do you know of for the other major fields that may be tested?
There should also be geology stuff (rocks and minerals, landforms), astronomy topics (stars and constellations), and you should know scientists, instruments and tools you would use for science.

Our test for regionals was really hard. One of the categories was "Nobel Prize Winners in Medicine after 1967."
i like the four piece chicken strips, with waffle fries and a cookies and cream milkshake at chick-fil-a.
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by Skink »

Yeah, I'm all for creative, not obvious categories. Well...
chick-fil-a for life wrote:Our test for regionals was really hard. One of the categories was "Nobel Prize Winners in Medicine after 1967."
...that one is a bit out there. :|
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

Skink wrote:Yeah, I'm all for creative, not obvious categories. Well...
chick-fil-a for life wrote:Our test for regionals was really hard. One of the categories was "Nobel Prize Winners in Medicine after 1967."
...that one is a bit out there. :|
Here are some of them:
A-Arber
B-Black
C-Campbell
E-Edwards
F-Fischer
G-Goldstein
H-Hunt
K-Krebs
M-Marshall
N-Nurse
R-Roberts
S-Sharp
W-Warren

Point is, usually when we get topics like that we just like to list common last names and they tend to work more often than you would think
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
Einstein
Division: B
State: TN

Post by Einstein »

when listing scientist, do i need to go by the first or last name. also, am i allowed to bring any reference materials to the event.
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by JasperKota »

Einstein wrote:when listing scientist, do i need to go by the first or last name. also, am i allowed to bring any reference materials to the event.
Last name. No reference materials allowed, I believe.
2020 Events: Fossils, Gravity Vehicle, Wright Stuff, Ping Pong Parachute
2019 Events: Fossils, Mousetrap Vehicle, Wright Stuff
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Wright Stuff
2016 Events: Crave the Wave, Dynamic Planet, Invasives
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

JasperKota wrote:
Einstein wrote:when listing scientist, do i need to go by the first or last name. also, am i allowed to bring any reference materials to the event.
Last name. No reference materials allowed, I believe.
^keep in mind that you still have to write both the first and last name to get points, even though the letter has to match the last name
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
chick-fil-a for life
State: CA

Post by chick-fil-a for life »

The letter to put the name under is based off the last name, however you have to include the first and last name for it to count.
i like the four piece chicken strips, with waffle fries and a cookies and cream milkshake at chick-fil-a.
crimebuster1

Post by crimebuster1 »

if two teams got every single point (750) what would be the tiebreaker?

Return to “2017 Lab Events”