Anatomy & Physiology B/C

farmerjoe279
Division: B
State: MO
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by farmerjoe279 »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:
farmerjoe279 wrote:Do you know any diagrams that we need to know for Endocrine system? I only got what hormones are produced where and their functions.
I'm using a diagram of the different organs, stating where they are and their functions, as well a diagram of how the pituitary gland is connected to the hypothalamus, and another diagram of the functions of the anterior and posterior pituitary gland.

Hope this helps!
Yes, it does help. Thanks.
I was just asking because when I looked at the rules, there wasn´t really anything that needed diagrams, I just put the glands and their functions.
Do we need to know Steriod, Water Soluble, Fat Soluble Hormones?
2020 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy:
Designer Genes:
Machines:

2019 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy: 1, 2, 13
Heredity: 2, 1, 15
Meteorology: 1, 1, 10
smrt1337
Division: B
State: WI
Been thanked: 0

Post by smrt1337 »

farmerjoe279 wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote:
farmerjoe279 wrote:Do you know any diagrams that we need to know for Endocrine system? I only got what hormones are produced where and their functions.
I'm using a diagram of the different organs, stating where they are and their functions, as well a diagram of how the pituitary gland is connected to the hypothalamus, and another diagram of the functions of the anterior and posterior pituitary gland.

Hope this helps!
I was just asking because when I looked at the rules, there wasn´t really anything that needed diagrams, I just put the glands and their functions.
I'm not sure if it says so on the rules, but most tests I've done have them so I would learn them.
CVMSAvalacheStudent
Division: C
State: CA

Post by CVMSAvalacheStudent »

farmerjoe279 wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote:

Hope this helps!
They might include it. Rocks and Minerals sometimes includes minerals that are not on the list(not this year though) like Zircon.
"Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people."-Steve Jobs
madisonrleone
State: CA

Post by madisonrleone »

Does anyone find that topics determined in the rules to be state or nationals level make an appearance on regionals tests? I just had my regionals and even though cranial nerves weren't supposed to be covered, I memorized them in the week before the test. I'm pretty sure it's the reason my partner and I medaled, because we encountered several questions about cranial nerves. This also happened with ecology (I knew r- and k- strategy, but they were not supposed to be regionals material). Should I just go into each event with the assumption that anything in the rules is fair game, regardless of its proposed level?
DeenaJoshi

Post by DeenaJoshi »

THi,

That was really useful information, thanks for posting.
ztroher

Post by ztroher »

I know that the premotor cortex controls learned actions (like playing an instrument/typing), but does writing count as a learned activity and thus would be controlled by the premotor cortex? If not, what does control writing? Thanks!
MLMSOGA

Post by MLMSOGA »

ztroher wrote:I know that the premotor cortex controls learned actions (like playing an instrument/typing), but does writing count as a learned activity and thus would be controlled by the premotor cortex? If not, what does control writing? Thanks!
Yes it would.

In the resting potential of an action potential which ions are inside the axon and how does axon length effect the speed of an action potential?
sciolyFTW_aku
State: MO

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

Hello,

This may sound a bit trivial, but are reflexes considered to be part of the somatic nervous system? Please state your answer with evidence from a legitimate source.

Thanks,
sciolyFTW_aku
B-)
Trumpets

Post by Trumpets »

sciolyFTW_aku wrote:Hello,

This may sound a bit trivial, but are reflexes considered to be part of the somatic nervous system? Please state your answer with evidence from a legitimate source.

Thanks,
sciolyFTW_aku
I have in my notes (sorry don't have the source with me) that some reflexes are part of it.
I forgot my old account whoops :cry:
SOS_pls

Post by SOS_pls »

Hello! We just qualified for states and need some serious help. Our A and P score brought our team down by a lot and we really let them down. :cry: :cry: Could anyone give us any good textbook recommendations or just general advice for getting better? Thank you so much.

Return to “2017 Study Events”