sciencepeeps
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by sciencepeeps »

rgandhi2002 wrote:
madisonrleone wrote:Does anyone find that topics determined in the rules to be state or nationals level make an appearance on regionals tests? I just had my regionals and even though cranial nerves weren't supposed to be covered, I memorized them in the week before the test. I'm pretty sure it's the reason my partner and I medaled, because we encountered several questions about cranial nerves. This also happened with ecology (I knew r- and k- strategy, but they were not supposed to be regionals material). Should I just go into each event with the assumption that anything in the rules is fair game, regardless of its proposed level?
Yes, on occasion that does happen, though it is not too common in my experience. I would know the basics on all the curriculum though in principle ideally state/ nationals curriculum shouldn't be on the test. I don't have the rules with me right now but I believe the Anatomy curriculum for regionals and state is the same at least for Division B.
Wait... cranial nerves are supposed to be national level? We have seen them every test of the season...
18/19 Anatomy, Boomilever, widi

17/18 region/state/nation
Anatomy (2/6/-)
Mystery Architecture (-/2/-)
Towers (3/2/3)
Invitationals: 38
Regionals:11
State:6
Nationals:1
madisonrleone
State: CA

Post by madisonrleone »

rgandhi2002 wrote:
madisonrleone wrote:Does anyone find that topics determined in the rules to be state or nationals level make an appearance on regionals tests? I just had my regionals and even though cranial nerves weren't supposed to be covered, I memorized them in the week before the test. I'm pretty sure it's the reason my partner and I medaled, because we encountered several questions about cranial nerves. This also happened with ecology (I knew r- and k- strategy, but they were not supposed to be regionals material). Should I just go into each event with the assumption that anything in the rules is fair game, regardless of its proposed level?
Yes, on occasion that does happen, though it is not too common in my experience. I would know the basics on all the curriculum though in principle ideally state/ nationals curriculum shouldn't be on the test. I don't have the rules with me right now but I believe the Anatomy curriculum for regionals and state is the same at least for Division B.
Thanks, I guess I know what to expect for next year. Question time: Differentiate a toxic goiter from an endemic goiter.
These users thanked the author madisonrleone for the post:
edvardnorton313 (November 23rd, 2020, 9:37 am)
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by Skink »

NeilMehta wrote:
SOS_pls wrote:Hello! We just qualified for states and need some serious help. Our A and P score brought our team down by a lot and we really let them down. :cry: :cry: Could anyone give us any good textbook recommendations or just general advice for getting better? Thank you so much.
My favorite by far is Saladin, but Grey's Anatomy isn't bad either
What are you getting out of Grey's Anatomy, specifically? Its level is well beyond introductory high school or college.
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

Skink wrote:
NeilMehta wrote:
SOS_pls wrote:Hello! We just qualified for states and need some serious help. Our A and P score brought our team down by a lot and we really let them down. :cry: :cry: Could anyone give us any good textbook recommendations or just general advice for getting better? Thank you so much.
My favorite by far is Saladin, but Grey's Anatomy isn't bad either
What are you getting out of Grey's Anatomy, specifically? Its level is well beyond introductory high school or college.
It helps get a deeper understanding of the overall event in my opinion, but yeah, it is def higher than something than Saladin
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
Fluorine
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by Fluorine »

NeilMehta wrote:
Skink wrote:
NeilMehta wrote: My favorite by far is Saladin, but Grey's Anatomy isn't bad either
It helps get a deeper understanding of the overall event in my opinion, but yeah, it is def higher than something than Saladin
Grey's Anatomy is an overload of information, to be honest. The best resource to use is that of an anatomy textbook, however, if you can't get your hands on one then your best 1) looking at the training handouts on the official scioly site 2) finding anatomy notes or lecture series on youtube. I wrote some notes for anatomy for SSSS I would be fine with posting if you'd like.
Alumni of FAUHS SO | Logistics Direcotor @ Cornell Scioly
Wind Power, Anatomy, Invasive Species, Materials Science, Optics, Entomology,
 Cell Biology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Protein Modeling
farmerjoe279
Division: B
State: MO

Post by farmerjoe279 »

Do glial cells have axons?
2020 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy:
Designer Genes:
Machines:

2019 Events (R, S, N)
Anatomy: 1, 2, 13
Heredity: 2, 1, 15
Meteorology: 1, 1, 10
MLMSOGA

Post by MLMSOGA »

farmerjoe279 wrote:Do glial cells have axons?
No. Only neurons have axons.
rafaelnadal
State: TX

Post by rafaelnadal »

How well does Hole's Anatomy stack up to Saladin and Marieb?
CyFalls HS '19

2017 State: 2nd place We've Got Your Number

2018: 7L/Clements/Rice/Districts/Reg/States

Anatomy & Physiology:: 10/-/15/2/1/-
Experimental Design: 6/2/10/-/-
Microbe Mission: 12/5/8/4/2/-
Mousetrap Vehicle 17/6/9/5/2/-
We've Got Your Number: -/2/-/1/1/-
HenryFlynn
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by HenryFlynn »

Anatomy and physiology are closely related concepts which to understand how anatomical structures work. Both anatomy and physiology have been studied for centuries. Essay Writer
Nerd_Bunny
State: ID

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

Do you guys think that all of the hormones given in the study handout with each organ are enough to study? Or are there more hormones that should be included?
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.

Return to “2017 Study Events”