Anatomy & Physiology B/C

ztroher
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by ztroher »

I know that the premotor cortex controls learned actions (like playing an instrument/typing), but does writing count as a learned activity and thus would be controlled by the premotor cortex? If not, what does control writing? Thanks!
MLMSOGA

Post by MLMSOGA »

ztroher wrote:I know that the premotor cortex controls learned actions (like playing an instrument/typing), but does writing count as a learned activity and thus would be controlled by the premotor cortex? If not, what does control writing? Thanks!
Yes it would.

In the resting potential of an action potential which ions are inside the axon and how does axon length effect the speed of an action potential?
sciolyFTW_aku
Division: C
State: MO

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

Hello,

This may sound a bit trivial, but are reflexes considered to be part of the somatic nervous system? Please state your answer with evidence from a legitimate source.

Thanks,
sciolyFTW_aku
B-)
Trumpets

Post by Trumpets »

sciolyFTW_aku wrote:Hello,

This may sound a bit trivial, but are reflexes considered to be part of the somatic nervous system? Please state your answer with evidence from a legitimate source.

Thanks,
sciolyFTW_aku
I have in my notes (sorry don't have the source with me) that some reflexes are part of it.
I forgot my old account whoops :cry:
SOS_pls

Post by SOS_pls »

Hello! We just qualified for states and need some serious help. Our A and P score brought our team down by a lot and we really let them down. :cry: :cry: Could anyone give us any good textbook recommendations or just general advice for getting better? Thank you so much.
Trumpets

Post by Trumpets »

SOS_pls wrote:Hello! We just qualified for states and need some serious help. Our A and P score brought our team down by a lot and we really let them down. :cry: :cry: Could anyone give us any good textbook recommendations or just general advice for getting better? Thank you so much.
The openstax textbook is a good free resource.
If you want to buy one I recommend Tortora.
I forgot my old account whoops :cry:
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

SOS_pls wrote:Hello! We just qualified for states and need some serious help. Our A and P score brought our team down by a lot and we really let them down. :cry: :cry: Could anyone give us any good textbook recommendations or just general advice for getting better? Thank you so much.
My favorite by far is Saladin, but Grey's Anatomy isn't bad either
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
mc408
State: OH

Post by mc408 »

NeilMehta wrote:
I second that. Openstax is great (and free). I like Marieb and Hoehn and am planning to read through Saladin as well. You really only need to read one textbook, though. Wikipedia is your best friend once you have the basics down.
Last edited by mc408 on April 16th, 2017, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mentor High School
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

mc408 wrote:
NeilMehta wrote:
Lmao I second that. Openstax is great (and free). I like Marieb and Hoehn and am planning to read through Saladin as well. You really only need to read one textbook, though. Wikipedia is your best friend once you have the basics down.
I couldn't agree more. Wikipedia gets so much hate but it's honestly one of the best resources you could have to learn about specifics.
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
rgandhi2002
State: CA

Post by rgandhi2002 »

madisonrleone wrote:Does anyone find that topics determined in the rules to be state or nationals level make an appearance on regionals tests? I just had my regionals and even though cranial nerves weren't supposed to be covered, I memorized them in the week before the test. I'm pretty sure it's the reason my partner and I medaled, because we encountered several questions about cranial nerves. This also happened with ecology (I knew r- and k- strategy, but they were not supposed to be regionals material). Should I just go into each event with the assumption that anything in the rules is fair game, regardless of its proposed level?
Yes, on occasion that does happen, though it is not too common in my experience. I would know the basics on all the curriculum though in principle ideally state/ nationals curriculum shouldn't be on the test. I don't have the rules with me right now but I believe the Anatomy curriculum for regionals and state is the same at least for Division B.
always a scioly kid at heart

Return to “2017 Study Events”