Disease Detectives B/C

Alex-RCHS
Division: Grad
State: NC

Re: Disease Detectives B/C

Post by Alex-RCHS »

efeng wrote:Your best bet is trying to contact your high school's Division C, and ask if they have a test exchange. I don't think there is a lot of that for Division B, it is super common in Div C (to my knowledge. Other than that, you could buy past nationals tests. However, that's about it.
How do you buy past nationals tests?
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
maxxxxx
State: PA
Has thanked: 0

Post by maxxxxx »

Alex-RCHS wrote:
efeng wrote:Your best bet is trying to contact your high school's Division C, and ask if they have a test exchange. I don't think there is a lot of that for Division B, it is super common in Div C (to my knowledge. Other than that, you could buy past nationals tests. However, that's about it.
How do you buy past nationals tests?
They're available for purchase on the soinc.org store under "Test Packets"
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
Taro
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Taro »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:Anyone know of a place where I could find some Division B practice tests? The test exchange has none. :(
The text exchange is still in the process of being finished, which is why you can't find any Division B practice tests right now. You can access the "old" test exchange by going to the Wiki and pressing "Tests" next to the event names (or through this link: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/2017_ ... Detectives).
arcadia '22 :,)
Nerd_Bunny
Division: C
State: ID

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

Taro wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote:Anyone know of a place where I could find some Division B practice tests? The test exchange has none. :(
The text exchange is still in the process of being finished, which is why you can't find any Division B practice tests right now. You can access the "old" test exchange by going to the Wiki and pressing "Tests" next to the event names (or through this link: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/2017_ ... Detectives).
Thanks!
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.
efeng
State: MN
Been thanked: 0

Post by efeng »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:
Taro wrote:
Thanks!
However, past tests are probably based on Ecological Causes and Population Growth, rather than Foodborne Illnesses, which is this year and next year's topic.
Mounds View HS, Minnesota

2017 Nationals Disease Detectives 1st (Div B)
2018 Nationals WiFi Lab 3rd (Div C)
2019 Nationals :(

Efeng's Userpage
Nerd_Bunny

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

efeng wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote:
Taro wrote: The text exchange is still in the process of being finished, which is why you can't find any Division B practice tests right now. You can access the "old" test exchange by going to the Wiki and pressing "Tests" next to the event names (or through this link: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/2017_ ... Detectives).
Thanks!
However, past tests are probably based on Ecological Causes and Population Growth, rather than Foodborne Illnesses, which is this year and next year's topic.
Yeah, I've just been going back to the 2012 practice tests and using those, as well as the Division C tests. The two aren't too different, so it's been working fine.
States/Nats
efeng

Post by efeng »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:
efeng wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote: Thanks!
Yeah, I've just been going back to the 2012 practice tests and using those, as well as the Division C tests. The two aren't too different, so it's been working fine.
Same. The only difference is that Division C has more content for statistics and bias.

Efeng's Userpage
Nerd_Bunny

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

Out of all of the division C tests for disease detectives on the test exchange, which 3 have the best content for practicing?
States/Nats
efeng

Post by efeng »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:Out of all of the division C tests for disease detectives on the test exchange, which 3 have the best content for practicing?
what do you want to practice, and from which year(s)?

Efeng's Userpage
Nerd_Bunny

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

efeng wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote:Out of all of the division C tests for disease detectives on the test exchange, which 3 have the best content for practicing?
what do you want to practice, and from which year(s)?
Well I'm going to the National Tournament on Saturday, so this year's information is what I need. :geek:
States/Nats

Return to “2017 Study Events”