Meteorology B

Llamastwaimzjf
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Llamastwaimzjf »

Is there a greater importance to understanding weather maps or cyclones,thunderstorms,etc ?
science R

Post by science R »

Any recommendations on websites for meteograms??
Raven
Division: C

Post by Raven »

Llamastwaimzjf wrote:Is there a greater importance to understanding weather maps or cyclones,thunderstorms,etc ?
From my experience, cyclones and thunderstorms, but it's important to understand weather maps as well, since most everybody will have understood the cyclones and thunderstorms, but perhaps not the weather maps, since they are a bit harder to understand.
Birds, Fossils, WQ, Circuit Lab
MrHaleStorm1
Division: B
State: OH

Post by MrHaleStorm1 »

science R wrote:Any recommendations on websites for meteograms??
http://www.weather.unisys.com/surface/m ... /index.php Really Good Detailed explanation. Also has lots of various real time satellite data & maps
MrHaleStorm1

Post by MrHaleStorm1 »

Llamastwaimzjf wrote:Is there a greater importance to understanding weather maps or cyclones,thunderstorms,etc ?
This is my 2nd time thru this topic. 1st time I didn't have Everyday Weather as a foundation. Topics are slightly different but I think it really builds off of last year. Radar interpretation, know the basic radar signatures like hook echo for tornado/debris balls, bow echo for a derecho. Know the difference between reflectivity and velocity in respect to Doppler radar. Know he stages of the storms and what defines them. I have been so used to 1 or 2 pages of cheat sheets I am having a hard time filling 4 pages. PM if you have more specific questions.
Milankovitch1
Division: Grad

Post by Milankovitch1 »

This app has a lot of good, easy to understand, relevant info https://www.youtube.com/user/StormShieldApp
Play Hard - Have Fun
Jesusfather123

Post by Jesusfather123 »

Anyone please guide on radar interpretation/ Doppler radar .where can I find more information on this topic?any website?
Thanks
Ludwig_van_Beethoven
State: HI

Post by Ludwig_van_Beethoven »

Which severe storms do you study? :?:

Thanks!
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by Skink »

MrHaleStorm1 wrote:
Llamastwaimzjf wrote:I have been so used to 1 or 2 pages of cheat sheets I am having a hard time filling 4 pages.
What I did was take full sets of notes on the "major" topics and checkerboard them on some of the "extra" pages. Problem is, the "minor" topics still sting us a bit, then...
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

Jesusfather123 wrote:Anyone please guide on radar interpretation/ Doppler radar .where can I find more information on this topic?any website?
Thanks
try looking on http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jetstream/matrix.html and go to Doppler Radar (section 12). It does a pretty good job explaining, and the site itself has a TON of severe storms info for this year
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018

Return to “2017 Study Events”