Meteorology B

DiegoBrando
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 12:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by DiegoBrando » January 25th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Does anyone have a test to use? The only test I can find from recent years for Severe Storms has a broken link (Although, I may be looking in the wrong place. I'm inexperienced with the Wiki). My partner and I didn't do so well last year because we started studying late and focused on things that weren't as useful as they could've been so I don't want to repeat that.

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4280
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Unome » January 25th, 2017, 1:05 pm

DiegoBrando wrote:Does anyone have a test to use? The only test I can find from recent years for Severe Storms has a broken link (Although, I may be looking in the wrong place. I'm inexperienced with the Wiki). My partner and I didn't do so well last year because we started studying late and focused on things that weren't as useful as they could've been so I don't want to repeat that.
Everything on the site for Severe Storms should be here. The Booth test is apparently of questionable relevance to Severe Storms (even though it was during a Severe Storms year), if that helps.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

RiceGum
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: January 17th, 2017, 7:40 pm
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by RiceGum » January 25th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Can anyone send me some info of this event at teachernatehouston@gmail.com?

DiegoBrando
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: January 25th, 2017, 12:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by DiegoBrando » January 25th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Unome wrote:
DiegoBrando wrote:Does anyone have a test to use? The only test I can find from recent years for Severe Storms has a broken link (Although, I may be looking in the wrong place. I'm inexperienced with the Wiki). My partner and I didn't do so well last year because we started studying late and focused on things that weren't as useful as they could've been so I don't want to repeat that.
Everything on the site for Severe Storms should be here. The Booth test is apparently of questionable relevance to Severe Storms (even though it was during a Severe Storms year), if that helps.
Thanks!

Random Human
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 11:39 am
Division: C
Location: Right behind you
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Random Human » January 25th, 2017, 9:19 pm

DiegoBrando wrote:
Unome wrote:
DiegoBrando wrote:Does anyone have a test to use? The only test I can find from recent years for Severe Storms has a broken link (Although, I may be looking in the wrong place. I'm inexperienced with the Wiki). My partner and I didn't do so well last year because we started studying late and focused on things that weren't as useful as they could've been so I don't want to repeat that.
Everything on the site for Severe Storms should be here. The Booth test is apparently of questionable relevance to Severe Storms (even though it was during a Severe Storms year), if that helps.
Thanks!
Isn't next year climate or something for meteor? This is really skewed towards the people doing ecology.
Random Human - Proud (former) Science Olympian. 2015-2017
Writer of Doers
Dynamic Planet
Breaker of Towers: 16-17 Season Peak Score - 3220
Len Joeris all the way. Remember Len.

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4280
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Unome » January 26th, 2017, 5:14 am

Random Human wrote:
DiegoBrando wrote:
Unome wrote: Everything on the site for Severe Storms should be here. The Booth test is apparently of questionable relevance to Severe Storms (even though it was during a Severe Storms year), if that helps.
Thanks!
Isn't next year climate or something for meteor? This is really skewed towards the people doing ecology.
Meteorology's Climate topic doesn't really have much to do with Ecology (based on looking at Ecology tests and competing in Meteorology in 2015). Regardless, there will always be some overlap between different events.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MrHaleStorm2
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: January 9th, 2017, 8:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by MrHaleStorm2 » January 28th, 2017, 5:41 am

Random Human wrote:
DiegoBrando wrote:
Unome wrote: Everything on the site for Severe Storms should be here. The Booth test is apparently of questionable relevance to Severe Storms (even though it was during a Severe Storms year), if that helps.
Thanks!
Isn't next year climate or something for meteor? This is really skewed towards the people doing ecology.
In respect to looking for test in test exchange. Just know that Meteorology is a 3 yr cycle 2014, 2011, 2008 were all years where Storms was the topic. Test are in archive. If still having problems, PM me.

Jesusfather123
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: October 26th, 2016, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Jesusfather123 » January 29th, 2017, 12:04 am

Thanks!! One more question : having difficulty getting different weather maps identification.. can anyone suggest good website for it ?

MrHaleStorm2
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: January 9th, 2017, 8:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by MrHaleStorm2 » January 29th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Jesusfather123 wrote:Thanks!! One more question : having difficulty getting different weather maps identification.. can anyone suggest good website for it ?

One of my favorites: http://weather.unisys.com/

CVMSAvalacheStudent
Member
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 8:49 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Listening to the most boring lecture
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by CVMSAvalacheStudent » February 9th, 2017, 4:52 pm

MrHaleStorm2 wrote:
Jesusfather123 wrote:Thanks!! One more question : having difficulty getting different weather maps identification.. can anyone suggest good website for it ?

One of my favorites: http://weather.unisys.com/
Yep, I like that website too.
"Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people."-Steve Jobs

Locked

Return to “2017 Study Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest