Invasive Species B/C

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
User avatar
John Richardsim
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 736
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 10:54 am
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Robinson Twp.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by John Richardsim » November 19th, 2016, 7:40 am

Rebooting...

Image
These landowners are evaluating the outcome of grazing on lands infested with leafy spurge. Which side of the fence was grazed by cattle? Which side by sheep?

meteorology891
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 9:52 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by meteorology891 » November 20th, 2016, 6:40 am

John Richardsim wrote:Rebooting...

Image
These landowners are evaluating the outcome of grazing on lands infested with leafy spurge. Which side of the fence was grazed by cattle? Which side by sheep?
Cattle is on the right, and sheep is on the left.

User avatar
John Richardsim
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 736
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 10:54 am
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Robinson Twp.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by John Richardsim » November 20th, 2016, 7:06 am

meteorology891 wrote:
John Richardsim wrote:Rebooting...

Image
These landowners are evaluating the outcome of grazing on lands infested with leafy spurge. Which side of the fence was grazed by cattle? Which side by sheep?
Cattle is on the right, and sheep is on the left.
Yep, your turn.

meteorology891
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 9:52 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by meteorology891 » November 20th, 2016, 12:50 pm

Image
1. What is unique about the anatomy of this species?
2. When was it introduced

meteorology891
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 9:52 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by meteorology891 » November 20th, 2016, 12:51 pm

meteorology891 wrote:Image
1. What is unique about the anatomy of this species?
2. When was it introduced
IGNORE THAT POST, I FORMATTED WRONG :x SOMEONE ELSE CAN GO!

gavinnupp
Member
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: October 13th, 2015, 5:04 am
Division: C
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by gavinnupp » November 21st, 2016, 10:22 am

meteorology891 wrote:
meteorology891 wrote:Image
1. What is unique about the anatomy of this species?
2. When was it introduced
IGNORE THAT POST, I FORMATTED WRONG :x SOMEONE ELSE CAN GO!
1. It is a jawless fish
2. native to Atlantic tributaries, introduced to upper great lakes whereabouts 1919 w/ improvements of welland canal

meteorology891
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 9:52 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by meteorology891 » November 21st, 2016, 3:37 pm

gavinnupp wrote:
meteorology891 wrote:
meteorology891 wrote:Image
1. What is unique about the anatomy of this species?
2. When was it introduced
IGNORE THAT POST, I FORMATTED WRONG :x SOMEONE ELSE CAN GO!
1. It is a jawless fish
2. native to Atlantic tributaries, introduced to upper great lakes whereabouts 1919 w/ improvements of welland canal
I'm so confused!!!!! :?: I posted a different picture than that, but that is right, your turn!

User avatar
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 187
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 8:01 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: WEHS
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by JasperKota » November 21st, 2016, 3:56 pm

meteorology891 wrote:I'm so confused!!!!! :?: I posted a different picture than that, but that is right, your turn!
I suspect a mod must've messed with your post and put in a picture lol

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4253
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by Unome » November 21st, 2016, 5:49 pm

JasperKota wrote:
meteorology891 wrote:I'm so confused!!!!! :?: I posted a different picture than that, but that is right, your turn!
I suspect a mod must've messed with your post and put in a picture lol
When you posted the question, you just clicked on an image from google images and inserted that link (which the forum doesn't read as an image file). Gavinnupp appears to have just inserted another image of the same species in his post answering the question.

meteorology891
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 9:52 am
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invasive Species B/C

Post by meteorology891 » November 29th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Alright, so I guess it is gavinnupp's turn.

Locked

Return to “2017 Question Marathons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest