Huntley Invitational

Ashernoel
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Huntley Invitational

Post by Ashernoel »

The invitational at Huntley in Illinois is coming up this weekend with all the top Illinois teams competing. Because of the competition, it is a good indication of performances at state. What do you guys think about the Illinois teams, especially Stevenson after winning a sixth place finish at Nationals last year?

Besides the wiki page at https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Huntley_Invitational, I could barely find any other information about the teams attending or the invite itself.
NT '19
Harvard '23
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Re: Huntley Invitational

Post by Skink »

Results are public on Avogadro, though there's not a whole lot to see because they fall within expectations.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Skink wrote:Results are public on Avogadro
:shock: (yay we finally have some IL results!)

Yeah, pretty much the usual. Do you think Stevenson will stay over New Trier?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Ashernoel

Post by Ashernoel »

Unome wrote:
Skink wrote:Results are public on Avogadro
:shock: (yay we finally have some IL results!)

Yeah, pretty much the usual. Do you think Stevenson will stay over New Trier?
Stay? They just got beaten with a 14 man team (albeit stacked)
NT '19
Harvard '23
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Unome is probably referring to the fact that Stevenson has gotten first at states for two years running now. Personally, I have New Trier ranked above Stevenson currently, but it's probably going to be an interesting race.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Unome is probably referring to the fact that Stevenson has gotten first at states for two years running now. Personally, I have New Trier ranked above Stevenson currently, but it's probably going to be an interesting race.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I don't know the history of IL too well besides a few interesting moments (the SAA-Marie Murphy tiebreaker win, for example) so I have no idea whether Daniel Wright's 2013 team has already peaked, or whether we could have predicted that New Trier would have a particularly strong team at this point.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Ashernoel

Post by Ashernoel »

Unome wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Unome is probably referring to the fact that Stevenson has gotten first at states for two years running now. Personally, I have New Trier ranked above Stevenson currently, but it's probably going to be an interesting race.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I don't know the history of IL too well besides a few interesting moments (the SAA-Marie Murphy tiebreaker win, for example) so I have no idea whether Daniel Wright's 2013 team has already peaked, or whether we could have predicted that New Trier would have a particularly strong team at this point.
New trier has nothing to do with the success of Marie Murphy. The people from Marie Murphy rarely join the new trier scioly team. I'm on new trier and I just joined this year. We have a lot of people like that. We are so strong this year because we decided we wanted to be, not because of the activities of a few gifted division b science olympians from Marie Murphy.
NT '19
Harvard '23
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by Skink »

Stevenson has consistently been the stronger team, and there's not enough data from this season yet to suggest that that's going to change. A couple invitationals don't mean too much for State tournament results, especially when, as noted above, many teams are carrying handicaps this time of year.

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”