Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2017

Post by Skink »

I've really taken to the new way Avogadro displays things. Stevenson JV should have received that fifth place team award; they most certainly earned it! With the competitive level here, the fact that both NT and Stevenson pulled double digits attests to just how far ahead of even the others in the top five at State they are.
Ashernoel
Division: Grad

Post by Ashernoel »

Skink wrote:I've really taken to the new way Avogadro displays things. Stevenson JV should have received that fifth place team award; they most certainly earned it! With the competitive level here, the fact that both NT and Stevenson pulled double digits attests to just how far ahead of even the others in the top five at State they are.
State is going to be really competitive. New trier wants it bad, but the way Stevenson looked after getting second again, oh boy, they are going to turn on Troy mode or something. (Then nt will turn it on too)
NT '19
Harvard '23
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Skink »

Results from yesterday's tournaments are not public except...Neuqua B division :| . I guess there wouldn't have been much to see, either way, but...
laneyoung
Division: B
Been thanked: 0

Post by laneyoung »

Because of the new Avogadro and the way it works I'm not sure how much, if anything, IL Regional tournaments will be publishing this year.

I can tell you that in B South won Harper, North Shore Country Day won Neuqua, and St Mathew won Parkland

In C Crystal Lake Central won Harper, University of Chicago Lab won Neuqua, and Mahomet won Parkland
Illinois Arbitrator
Illinois Elementary Science Olympiad Committee
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Skink »

Thanks, Lane; that does contain a few interesting tidbits!
hearthstone224

Post by hearthstone224 »

Stevenson won CLC Regional Today. Does anyone have results? I'm quite interested as to what happened to the rankings for our team.

1. Stevenson
2. Libertyville
3. Cary Grove
4. Grayslake North
5. Huntley
6. Warren (alternate)
7. Lake Forest?? (us)

So yeah, not what I wanted but thought this info might help out.
End of freshman season. Good luck to everyone! No state for us, but nevertheless great season. Regional was out of 12 teams. (CLC)

Mat Sci-> Second at regionals
RSensing -> First at regionals
Towers-> Third at regionals.
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Skink »

Very nice job with the Mat Sci!

B Division CLC
6. Glencoe Central
5. Frederick
4. Woodlawn
3. Grayslake
2. S&A
1. DW
Abekitt

Post by Abekitt »

Anybody know the top5 for the College of Dupage regionals? I was there but the mic was so quiet i couldnt hear the top 4. I know:
7. York
6. Glenbard South (i think im not 100% sure)
5. Addison Trail
Disease Detectives
Dynamic Planet
Forensics
Game On
Hydrogeology
Robot Arm
hearthstone224

Post by hearthstone224 »

Sorry I'm not quite sure. I wasn't there, although I don't understand. What's happening with Avogadro? Has it broken down or something?
End of freshman season. Good luck to everyone! No state for us, but nevertheless great season. Regional was out of 12 teams. (CLC)

Mat Sci-> Second at regionals
RSensing -> First at regionals
Towers-> Third at regionals.
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Skink »

laneyoung wrote:Because of the new Avogadro and the way it works I'm not sure how much, if anything, IL Regional tournaments will be publishing this year.
Hmm. If I may, I notice that the results tables circulated by the tournament director are separated by Varsity and Junior Varsity. Since raw scores aren't involved, is that the reason, because putting it all together as the new system does is seen as confusing? Here's an example of how full rankings helps: my team went home thinking they rocked my event rank-wise when I know a little better; they lost to Stevenson JV. I'd wager this happened a fair bit given how Stevenson JV did at invitationals (and would be very interested in knowing where they fell against Varsity teams in the overall rankings). It's good for comparison but confusing if folks want to quickly know their rank in their V/JV division, I suppose.

It's not really a new problem because State often has a case or two where a A team or two beat the bottom-medaling AA teams (which is, later, reflected in the rankings where it's all together). Anyway, if that's not the reason, then I assume it's legal and won't belabor the point.

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”