Illinois 2017

Ashernoel
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2017

Post by Ashernoel »

P2P wrote:Does anyone know wind power raw scores for Div. C? Especially for the building portion?
My friend does wind and says it depends on resistance so...
NT '19
Harvard '23
P2P
Division: C
Been thanked: 0

Post by P2P »

I meant at state, should have been on the same testing setup. They also told us the scores afterwards.
Ionizer
State: PA

Post by Ionizer »

Ashernoel wrote:
P2P wrote:Does anyone know wind power raw scores for Div. C? Especially for the building portion?
My friend does wind and says it depends on resistance so...
Between tournament to tournament, yes, but within the same tournament you can compare voltages.
Class of 2016 Bayard Rustin High School Alumnus
State Event Supervisor
My Page
Ashernoel

Post by Ashernoel »

P2P wrote:I meant at state, should have been on the same testing setup. They also told us the scores afterwards.
idk what his score was but he said that it came down to one q on the test that was apparently hard between stevenson and us.
NT '19
Harvard '23
P2P

Post by P2P »

Ashernoel wrote:
P2P wrote:I meant at state, should have been on the same testing setup. They also told us the scores afterwards.
idk what his score was but he said that it came down to one q on the test that was apparently hard between stevenson and us.

Is he willing to pm me his building scores for state? I got 4th in the event
Ashernoel

Post by Ashernoel »

P2P wrote:
Ashernoel wrote:

Is he willing to pm me his building scores for state? I got 4th in the event
Id assume not because privacy going into nats. After I'll try and get him to tell lol
NT '19
Harvard '23
kaziscioly

Post by kaziscioly »

Anyone know what the top helicopter time was as well?
Ashernoel

Post by Ashernoel »

kaziscioly wrote:Anyone know what the top helicopter time was as well?
yea. it was between 2 and 3 minutes
NT '19
Harvard '23
laneyoung
Division: B

Post by laneyoung »

Trohans wrote:
HeavyHitter406 wrote:We have our first discrepancy...yesterday, as stated above, the rank for B division was Daniel Wright, Marie Murphy, SAA, and Twin Groves, in that order; SAA had a score of 150 with Twin Groves having a score roughly 15-20 points higher than that (I don't remember, specifically). However, Avogadro places Twin Groves ahead of SAA, 179-188. Anyone who was keeping track of events see where the scorers went wrong, and who is right?
I think it may have to do with factoring in the A team's into the final score. For example, DW had 48 overall. When the final scores came out, they had a 49 with a 6th in disease detectives instead of a fifth place. The team that got first in A in disease probably got in the top 5 overall, so DW was shifted down one place.
This is correct. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page with the combined scores you can get the "correct" link.
Illinois Arbitrator
Illinois Elementary Science Olympiad Committee
HeavyHitter406

Post by HeavyHitter406 »

laneyoung wrote:
Trohans wrote:
HeavyHitter406 wrote:We have our first discrepancy...yesterday, as stated above, the rank for B division was Daniel Wright, Marie Murphy, SAA, and Twin Groves, in that order; SAA had a score of 150 with Twin Groves having a score roughly 15-20 points higher than that (I don't remember, specifically). However, Avogadro places Twin Groves ahead of SAA, 179-188. Anyone who was keeping track of events see where the scorers went wrong, and who is right?
I think it may have to do with factoring in the A team's into the final score. For example, DW had 48 overall. When the final scores came out, they had a 49 with a 6th in disease detectives instead of a fifth place. The team that got first in A in disease probably got in the top 5 overall, so DW was shifted down one place.
This is correct. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page with the combined scores you can get the "correct" link.
Ok, yeah, I'm totally a newbie :P . Thank you! this should have been obvious to me from the offset.
2014 (Wright State/Lisle/Grayslake/Regionals/State/Nationals)

Water Quality: 8/1/2/1/2/3
Experimental Design: 12/1/5/5/8/37
Road Scholar: 12/2/2/3/3/11
Wheeled Vehicle: 32/6/6/2/11/5

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”