Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pennsylvania 2017

Post by appleshake123 »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
Unome wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: Is this a typo? Stroudsburg is registered for Northeast regionals.
I think he/she was referring to you (clearly not knowing how angry that'll make you >.<)
I thought we were at a point where I no longer needed to make EAST capitalized. I suppose I was incorrect... :P
My apologies, EastStroudsburg13. I try to simplify names when slowly typing on a phone. I'll keep that in mind :)
Bayard Rustin Class of 2018
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Class of 2022
Shock Value
It's About Time
Geologic Mapping
Dynamic Planet
Fermi
Hydrogeology
LowEntropy

Post by LowEntropy »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:I'll hazard a guess that one of those spots is Welsh Valley. Maybe Devon Prep for the other one?

Either way, lots to dissect from these results. I'll wait until everything is a little more finalized (and when I have more time).
Unome wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: Is this a typo? Stroudsburg is registered for Northeast regionals.
I think he/she was referring to you (clearly not knowing how angry that'll make you >.<)
I thought we were at a point where I no longer needed to make EAST capitalized. I suppose I was incorrect... :P
Can't be certain but I believe Devon Prep was 8th this year; I remember being surprised when that was called.

I'm assuming the Southeast PA wiki page should remain unchanged until the official results are released?
Userpage
Bayard Rustin High School
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

You can edit it if desired; we'd just update it with official results if they change at all.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
BDake

Post by BDake »

LowEntropy wrote:What I wrote down from B Division

1. Strath Haven
2. Bala Cynwyd
3. Garnet Valley
4. Fugett
5. ?
6. ?
7. Stetson

Top 7 teams from B and C are going to states
Top 10 Division B from Southeast Region:

1. Strath Haven
2. Bala Cynwyd
3. Garnet Valley
4. J.R. Fugett
5. Welsh Valley
6. Springton Lake
7. Stetson
8. Devon Prep
9. Tredyffrin-Easttown
10. Haverford
Avogadro

Post by Avogadro »

And now we wait for all of the other regional competitions to be completed. I like the idea of having things the same across the state, but I have to say the waiting period will kill me :P

Might be around to discuss things when results are finalized. I'll be interested to see what the scores look like.
Lower Merion 2017
Subtitled: Revenge of the Non-Harriton

Placement Record:

Code: Islip | Conestoga | Tiger | Regionals | States
Out of: 61 | 42 | 36 | 37 | 36

Chemistry Lab: 9 | - | - | 4 | 4
Astronomy: 14 | - | 5 | 10 | 3
Material Science: 12 | 19 | 9 | 5 | 9
Optics: 14 | 7 | 3 | 4 | 2
breakingankles
Division: C
State: TX

Post by breakingankles »

To those more familiar than I with PA: how likely is it looking that Conestoga makes it to nationals?

Harriton is doing quite well, as expected, but Bayard Rustin has fallen off a lot and Penncrest seems weak. Personally I think it's definitely possible, if not likely.
IcsTam

Post by IcsTam »

breakingankles wrote:To those more familiar than I with PA: how likely is it looking that Conestoga makes it to nationals?

Harriton is doing quite well, as expected, but Bayard Rustin has fallen off a lot and Penncrest seems weak. Personally I think it's definitely possible, if not likely.
Frankly, it seems like the four top teams (excluding Harriton) were very close in results. It's definitely possible for Conestoga to make nationals, but I wouldn't count out any team yet. More clarification should come with results, however.
Penncrest ‘18
UPenn ‘22
SOUP Sounds Director ‘19, ‘20
PM me about UPenn, Physics, or anything college or SciOly related!
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

BDake wrote:
LowEntropy wrote:What I wrote down from B Division

1. Strath Haven
2. Bala Cynwyd
3. Garnet Valley
4. Fugett
5. ?
6. ?
7. Stetson

Top 7 teams from B and C are going to states
Top 10 Division B from Southeast Region:

1. Strath Haven
2. Bala Cynwyd
3. Garnet Valley
4. J.R. Fugett
5. Welsh Valley
6. Springton Lake
7. Stetson
8. Devon Prep
9. Tredyffrin-Easttown
10. Haverford
Springton Lake makes sense; they're very solid. Welsh Valley's fall to 5th might be a product of them struggling and also Garnet Valley and Fugett doing very well (They excelled at Rustin too). It'll be interesting to see how the score distribution was, and how they end up doing at states.
breakingankles wrote:To those more familiar than I with PA: how likely is it looking that Conestoga makes it to nationals?

I still don't trust the theory that Rustin has fallen off a lot. Granted, I still need to see scores, but if they'd fallen off a lot, they wouldn't be close to F-M at Mentor or being 3rd at Valley Forge. They've fallen off a little bit, but they're still very good.

Regardless, Stoga definitely has a chance at nationals. The problem is that they've posted very good results at regionals before, but always fallen short at states. If I were a betting man, I'd still put my money on Rustin, but they're very close to each other.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
JamesBondBoy

Post by JamesBondBoy »

SEPA Regionals was a smash, I think all the teams did great- especially Harriton :shock: . I bet Rustin will be after us with a vengeance after the narrow Regionals finish. Super proud of 'Stoga, but there's a lot of work cut out for us still if we want to make Nationals. :D
Edit: Am 100% NOT a freshman, bugger off :x
Ashernoel
State: IL

Post by Ashernoel »

JamesBondBoy wrote:SEPA Regionals was a smash, I think all the teams did great- especially Harriton :shock: . I bet Rustin will be after us with a vengeance after the narrow Regionals finish. Super proud of 'Stoga, but there's a lot of work cut out for us still if we want to make Nationals. :D
Results?
NT '19
Harvard '23

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”