Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Pennsylvania 2017

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

From before:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: B Division

Southwest: 1. Shady Side, 2. Franklin Regional, 3. Winchester Thurston, 4. Quaker Valley, 5. Bedford

C Division

Southwest: 1. Shady Side, 2. Franklin Regional, 3. Quaker Valley, 4. Norwin, 5. Pittsburgh Allderdice
Note: again to reiterate, if anyone has the scores from Northwest, and/or the number of teams that attended in both divisions, please let me know! I don't necessarily need the full sheets, just the scores and number of teams.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
runpitt
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by runpitt »

SW unofficial results - 7 teams to states in B and C

C
7: Montour
6: Woodland Hills
5: Alderdice
4: Quaker Valley
3: Franklin Regional
2: Norwin
1: Shady Side

B
7: Ringgold
6: Spring Valley
5: Peters Township
4: Huston
3: Winchester Thurston
2: Franklin Regional
1: Shady Side
LittyWap

Post by LittyWap »

I think Shady Side got 37 points
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

LittyWap wrote:I think Shady Side got 37 points
Shady Side B or C? Either is very impressive, but seeing this in B would be rather crazy.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
19sawickin

Post by 19sawickin »

Unome wrote:
Shady Side B or C? Either is very impressive, but seeing this in B would be rather crazy.
It was Shady Side's B team - they placed in every event.
Unome

Post by Unome »

19sawickin wrote:
Unome wrote:
Wow; what were they doing at invitationals? With a score like that, they actually have a good shot at beating Springhouse!

And we all thought PA B teams were weaker this year...

How did Franklin Regional B do?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Unome wrote:
19sawickin wrote:
Unome wrote: Shady Side B or C? Either is very impressive, but seeing this in B would be rather crazy.
Wow; what were they doing at invitationals? With a score like that, they actually have a good shot at beating Springhouse!
Let's not get carried away here. Springhouse was FAR and away better than Shady Side at invites, and even if we assume that Franklin Regional is as good as last year, CE is a tougher region than SW (although, yes, SW is much larger). When official scores come out then we'll be able to judge further. Shady Side probably has the inside track on second, but I can't see a scenario in which Springhouse loses.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

BobbyJoe

Post by BobbyJoe »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:This is the first time I've heard of the number of teams decreasing because of the weather, I think. I wonder how the reshuffling will work.
I believe the number of teams moving onto states depends on the amount of teams registered. There must of been less teams this year therefore not as many would move onto states. If not a lot of teams registered and there was a high number of teams qualifying for states, then there wouldn't be much competition.
Rustin/Wright/Solon/Reg/PA/Nat Div B: '15-17, Div C: '18-
Disease D-
'15: 6/-/-/-/-/-/
'16: -/10/-/-/-/-
Air T-
'15: 2/-/-/-/-/-
Experimental D-
'16: 5/-/-/-/-/-
Mission P-
'16: 1/12/-/1/-/-
'17: 1/5/3/1/2/12
Crime B-
'16: 3/8/-/-/-/-
'17: 1/7/7/3/8/24
Wind P-
'17: 5/3/2/1/1/13
Unome

Post by Unome »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
Unome wrote:
19sawickin wrote:
Let's not get carried away here. Springhouse was FAR and away better than Shady Side at invites, and even if we assume that Franklin Regional is as good as last year, CE is a tougher region than SW (although, yes, SW is much larger). When official scores come out then we'll be able to judge further. Shady Side probably has the inside track on second, but I can't see a scenario in which Springhouse loses.
True; I'll wait until scores before saying anything. Now that I think about it, if they medaled in everything that isn't all that many first places (which is what I tend to use as a predictor between significantly different levels of competitiveness), so it's not quite so likely.
Userpage

EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

BobbyJoe wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:This is the first time I've heard of the number of teams decreasing because of the weather, I think. I wonder how the reshuffling will work.
I believe the number of teams moving onto states depends on the amount of teams registered. There must of been less teams this year therefore not as many would move onto states. If not a lot of teams registered and there was a high number of teams qualifying for states, then there wouldn't be much competition.
I believed so too, but if you go onto the CE website, you can find this link, which explains that 4 B teams and 6 C teams from the region were to qualify for states, based on registered teams. Thus, this number must have changed to account for teams who could not attend due to inclement weather.

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”