Pennsylvania 2017

StogaJdan
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pennsylvania 2017

Post by StogaJdan »

Sleepy wrote:I've edited the score sheet so that the scores are lined up with their corresponding school, and at the top of each column are acronyms for each event. Until they hopefully update the score sheet for a finalized version, I did this so everybody can have an easier time reading and understanding the score sheet.

http://i.imgur.com/chB7Wo7.jpg
Thanks Sleepy - Just thought I'd point out that it looks like EV and ED are reversed.
El Capitan - 'Stoga 2018
19sawickin
Division: Grad

Post by 19sawickin »

Sleepy wrote:I've edited the score sheet so that the scores are lined up with their corresponding school, and at the top of each column are acronyms for each event. Until they hopefully update the score sheet for a finalized version, I did this so everybody can have an easier time reading and understanding the score sheet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe that the Electric Vehicle and Experimental Design score columns should also be flipped. I am making this claim based on the known medals that my team received in the respective events.

Edit: Never mind I just saw the above post :lol:
Last edited by 19sawickin on May 2nd, 2017, 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

StogaJdan wrote:

Thanks Sleepy - Just thought I'd point out that it looks like EV and ED are reversed.
Looking at it again, it looks like they are. Thank you!
Stroudsburg HS '18
[size=80][u]MC Barons | Tiger | North Pocono | Regionals | States[/u]
Dynamic: 2 | 14 | 2 | 2 | 9
Remote: 9 | 18 | 2 | 1 | 8
Hydro: 11 | 18 | 3 | 2 | 2
Game On: 3 | 1 | 3 | 1 | 21[/size]
[size=80][u]North Pocono | Regionals | States[/u]
Dynamic: 1 | 2 | -
Remote: 2 | 1 | -
Game On: 3 | 4 | -[/size]
hzhang18

Post by hzhang18 »

LowEntropy wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Scores are up! The C file is a little messed up but here are the links:

B Scores
C Scores (scores are 2 rows above where they should be. C35 is Conestoga, C36 is North Penn. Events are sorted alphabetically.

Anyone notice the Conestoga no-show in Ecology? Would explain their high score in spite of their number of medals
The pair that competed were very reliable --- finding out what happened now.
Last edited by hzhang18 on May 2nd, 2017, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoga' 18
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

hzhang18 wrote:
LowEntropy wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Scores are up! The C file is a little messed up but here are the links:

B Scores
C Scores (scores are 2 rows above where they should be. C35 is Conestoga, C36 is North Penn. Events are sorted alphabetically.

Anyone notice the Conestoga no-show in Ecology? Would explain their high score in spite of their number of medals
The pair that competed were very reliable --- finding out what happened now. Also, why were Conestoga and North Penn not on the C division scores posted on Juniata's website?
I think it's just because of how the file turned out. The bottom two rows just didn't get included in the PDF.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

It appears that there are now final scores posted. No idea why Conestoga is still NS in Ecology. That could have had a large impact on the scores (since the gap between them and Rustin is around 30 points).

EDIT: So the state tournament website says that final scores are posted and Lower Merion is 1st in Ecology, but the scoresheet hasn't actually been updated?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Avogadro

Post by Avogadro »

Yeah, the scoresheet still has us (LM) as third in Ecology, and it's also a little weird that it has us as 19th in ED when the team that competed said it went extremely well...

Something tells me the scores are still being updated.
Lower Merion 2017
Subtitled: Revenge of the Non-Harriton

Placement Record:

Code: Islip | Conestoga | Tiger | Regionals | States
Out of: 61 | 42 | 36 | 37 | 36

Chemistry Lab: 9 | - | - | 4 | 4
Astronomy: 14 | - | 5 | 10 | 3
Material Science: 12 | 19 | 9 | 5 | 9
Optics: 14 | 7 | 3 | 4 | 2
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Yeah, while the scoresheet looks prettier, Ecology at the very least definitely looks like it still needs to be updated.

EDIT: Also, the 27s on Electric Vehicle make no sense. If they were all no-shows, they should be 37s. If they were all "Participation", Wyomissing should have still been a no-show. So this likely isn't the final version of the scores.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
maxxxxx

Post by maxxxxx »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote: EDIT: Also, the 27s on Electric Vehicle make no sense. If they were all no-shows, they should be 37s. If they were all "Participation", Wyomissing should have still been a no-show. So this likely isn't the final version of the scores.
It doesn't even make sense that they are no-shows. There were 35 teams signed up for EV on the online signup(including Whitehall who was marked as 36th) and I doubt 15 of them no-showed on the day of.
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
SexyTrubbish
State: TX

Post by SexyTrubbish »

Rip Pennsylvania, it seems like you guys, similar to me, also got upset.
WIDI is my favorite event.

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”