Zioly
Division: B
State: WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washington 2017

Post by Zioly »

bernard wrote:
Macgyver wrote:oh ok, and so there's a chance I won't be competing in WiFi Lab?
Depends on your tournament. I suggest having your coach ask the director for your tournament.
Zioly wrote:Bernard, do you have any authority/ability to discuss specific statistics regarding certain event scores from the tournament yesterday, kind of like how chalker does at the end of the SONT?
I only have scores for Robot Arm C since I supervised the event. Any other scores I know are simply hearsay. Zioly, can you post results from yesterday for your division?
That's alright. I was hoping to see how well I did on the Hovercraft test. I hesitated from posting the full results because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to. Anyways, here they are!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzegf- ... sp=sharing
Bottle Rockets: 5th
Ecology: 9th
Hovercraft: 14th
Scrambler: 29th (with a failed run too  ;))
Mousetrap Vehicle
Hovercraft
Ecology
Experimental Design (or other inquiry :P)

...Yes, my profile picture is G2 apEX at the PGL Major Qual.  :lol:
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Zioly wrote:
bernard wrote:
Macgyver wrote:oh ok, and so there's a chance I won't be competing in WiFi Lab?
Depends on your tournament. I suggest having your coach ask the director for your tournament.
Zioly wrote:Bernard, do you have any authority/ability to discuss specific statistics regarding certain event scores from the tournament yesterday, kind of like how chalker does at the end of the SONT?
I only have scores for Robot Arm C since I supervised the event. Any other scores I know are simply hearsay. Zioly, can you post results from yesterday for your division?
That's alright. I was hoping to see how well I did on the Hovercraft test. I hesitated from posting the full results because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to. Anyways, here they are!

Incredible, your school almost has all of the top five. Congratulations on your many golds. I've heard from the Ecology supervisor that the chickpea answer for the humus question was selected too many times for Division B.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
moumantai
Division: C

Post by moumantai »

I wasn't present at the award ceremony, but I want to express my excitement for Woodinville making it to State again!! We don't get nearly any school support and can't even access funds to print shirts for our new students, so this is where I can express all my excitement. We're hyped to see you at State.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

moumantai wrote:I wasn't present at the award ceremony, but I want to express my excitement for Woodinville making it to State again!! We don't get nearly any school support and can't even access funds to print shirts for our new students, so this is where I can express all my excitement. We're hyped to see you at State.
Congrats, moumantai! Find me at state, I'll be running Robot Arm!
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

moumantai wrote:I wasn't present at the award ceremony, but I want to express my excitement for Woodinville making it to State again!! We don't get nearly any school support and can't even access funds to print shirts for our new students, so this is where I can express all my excitement. We're hyped to see you at State.
Good Luck moumantai! If my school makes it to State, maybe we could meet face-to-face?
Moses Lake High School Wiki:
2016-17- Chem Lab (4th), Write It Do It, Game On, WiFi Lab
2017-18- Hovercraft, Mousetrap Vehicle, Thermodynamics (2nd)
Go Washington!
Zioly
Division: B

Post by Zioly »

bernard wrote:
Zioly wrote:
bernard wrote: Depends on your tournament. I suggest having your coach ask the director for your tournament.

Incredible, your school almost has all of the top five. Congratulations on your many golds. I've heard from the Ecology supervisor that the chickpea answer for the humus question was selected too many times for Division B.
Thanks bernard. The only downside to having such competitive teams is that we're competing instead of helping each other. I try to help whenever I can, but the tension is still there.

Also, I had a few friends from Leota Jr High go to the same elementary as me, so it was nice to see them again. But, when I was taking my ecology test, so were they, and since they were first-timers, they kept screaming out answers and random nonsense. "Battery acid," one would exclaim, while the other contemplated the humus question, attempting to recall what it tasted like.
Bottle Rockets: 5th
Ecology: 9th
Hovercraft: 14th
Scrambler: 29th (with a failed run too  ;))
Mousetrap Vehicle
Hovercraft
Ecology
Experimental Design (or other inquiry :P)

...Yes, my profile picture is G2 apEX at the PGL Major Qual.  :lol:
Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

Zioly wrote:
bernard wrote:
Zioly wrote:

Thanks bernard. The only downside to having such competitive teams is that we're competing instead of helping each other. I try to help whenever I can, but the tension is still there.

Also, I had a few friends from Leota Jr High go to the same elementary as me, so it was nice to see them again. But, when I was taking my ecology test, so were they, and since they were first-timers, they kept screaming out answers and random nonsense. "Battery acid," one would exclaim, while the other contemplated the humus question, attempting to recall what it tasted like.
Congrats Zioly!
Moses Lake High School Wiki:
2016-17- Chem Lab (4th), Write It Do It, Game On, WiFi Lab
2017-18- Hovercraft, Mousetrap Vehicle, Thermodynamics (2nd)
Go Washington!
moumantai

Post by moumantai »

Zioly wrote: "Battery acid," one would exclaim, while the other contemplated the humus question, attempting to recall what it tasted like.
Can someone please explain what this "hummus question" was, it sounds hilarious
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

moumantai wrote:
Zioly wrote: "Battery acid," one would exclaim, while the other contemplated the humus question, attempting to recall what it tasted like.
There was a question on the Ecology test about humus and most middle schoolers selected the silly answer: a dish made of chickpeas. The correct answer is: the organic component of soil, formed by the decomposition of leaves and other plant material.
moumantai

Post by moumantai »

bernard wrote:
moumantai wrote:
There was a question on the Ecology test about humus and most middle schoolers selected the silly answer: a dish made of chickpeas. The correct answer is: the organic component of soil, formed by the decomposition of leaves and other plant material.
Thank you. You know, we're figuring out who's in charge of snacks for State on my team, I might sign up with my dad's famous hummus recipe...

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”