Southern California 2017

Locked
ChatChat
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: January 8th, 2017, 7:25 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by ChatChat » January 9th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote:
Entomology wrote:I've noticed somthing funky with WIDI scores as a whole, actually...can someone let me know if its the same for them? The raw scores have a weird ranking, not sure if everyone sees this.
Not sure what you mean...
Youd have to have rhe scores to know what I mean.
Are you talking about Kraemer Invitational?

User avatar
Entomology
Member
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: September 17th, 2015, 1:56 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Raven Nation
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by Entomology » January 9th, 2017, 7:35 pm

ChatChat wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote: Not sure what you mean...
Youd have to have rhe scores to know what I mean.
Are you talking about Kraemer Invitational?
Yes.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle

freed2003
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: November 3rd, 2015, 3:00 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by freed2003 » January 9th, 2017, 7:46 pm

My coach didn't get the scores, just the results
Great Oak/Regionals/state
Thermodynamics2/4
Geologic Mapping2/1
Protein Modeling6/2

User avatar
Entomology
Member
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: September 17th, 2015, 1:56 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Raven Nation
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by Entomology » January 9th, 2017, 8:39 pm

freed2003 wrote:My coach didn't get the scores, just the results
My school got raw scores; and I have confirmation that at least one other school did too.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle

User avatar
Eggo
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: September 3rd, 2014, 6:40 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: <insert precise location here for stalkers to find you.>
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by Eggo » January 9th, 2017, 9:13 pm

ChatChat wrote:For Kraemer Invite, the official scores are:
1. Jeffery Trail Blue (192)
2. Kraemer 1 (195)
3. Oak Valley DaVinci (215)
4. Carmel Valley Team 2 (217)
5. Kraemer 2 (247)
6. Jeffery Trail Orange (250)

The number in parentheses are the points each team scored... Technically I guess Kraemer and JT are tied because Kraemer's Varsity lost to JT's varsity by 3 points, but JT's JV lost to Kraemer's JV by 3 points.
Very close indeed, but JT's scrambler got 45th, and yet they still got 1st. (I heard they hit their egg on the first run)
Anatomy, Disease Detectives, Circuit Lab, Mousetrap Vehicle
Medal Count: 51

freed2003
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: November 3rd, 2015, 3:00 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by freed2003 » January 10th, 2017, 12:53 am

Did anyone get the microbe mission test from kraemer? All my coach got was the answer key.
Great Oak/Regionals/state
Thermodynamics2/4
Geologic Mapping2/1
Protein Modeling6/2

Random Human
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: August 26th, 2016, 11:39 am
Division: C
Location: Right behind you
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by Random Human » January 11th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Entomology wrote:I've noticed somthing funky with WIDI scores as a whole, actually...can someone let me know if its the same for them? The raw scores have a weird ranking, not sure if everyone sees this.
WIDI was dumb, there was an 8 way tye and some huge mega tiebreaker, not sure what proctor was doing. Not in the event but classmates said that test was SUPER ez
Random Human - Proud (former) Science Olympian. 2015-2017
Writer of Doers
Dynamic Planet
Breaker of Towers: 16-17 Season Peak Score - 3220
Len Joeris all the way. Remember Len.

User avatar
Fanglin
Member
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 12:36 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Offline Probably
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by Fanglin » January 11th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Random Human wrote:
Entomology wrote:I've noticed somthing funky with WIDI scores as a whole, actually...can someone let me know if its the same for them? The raw scores have a weird ranking, not sure if everyone sees this.
WIDI was dumb, there was an 8 way tye and some huge mega tiebreaker, not sure what proctor was doing. Not in the event but classmates said that test was SUPER ez
That's similar to my situation. I was grading the road scholar tests and I had multiple large ties to break. Either most of the teams were really bad, or the test was too hard <--- which is good though. Most teams had like 5-15 points out of nearly 60, while a few outliers (big ones too) crushed everyone else. It became a real pain having to run through these massive ties, and decide who gets what place.
Problems are better pursued with General Electric GE90-115 engines.

2016 Nats:
Road Scholar:4th 8-)
Bottle Rockets: 9th
Meteorology: 11th
Gliders: 21st

(other events: Green Gen, Crime Busters, Helicopters, Hovercraft, Air trajectory)

Former Cheesehead

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4254
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by Unome » January 11th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Fanglin wrote:
Random Human wrote:
Entomology wrote:I've noticed somthing funky with WIDI scores as a whole, actually...can someone let me know if its the same for them? The raw scores have a weird ranking, not sure if everyone sees this.
WIDI was dumb, there was an 8 way tye and some huge mega tiebreaker, not sure what proctor was doing. Not in the event but classmates said that test was SUPER ez
That's similar to my situation. I was grading the road scholar tests and I had multiple large ties to break. Either most of the teams were really bad, or the test was too hard <--- which is good though. Most teams had like 5-15 points out of nearly 60, while a few outliers (big ones too) crushed everyone else. It became a real pain having to run through these massive ties, and decide who gets what place.
The usual competitor -> test writer problem; every question is hard, and everyone does badly. You'll get better at creating a good spread of questions.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

ChatChat
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: January 8th, 2017, 7:25 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2017

Post by ChatChat » January 14th, 2017, 9:31 am

I have a question. Has the SoCal States Competition date been finalized?

Locked

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest