Texas 2017

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3506
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby Unome » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:09 pm

bhavjain wrote:
windu34 wrote:Will there be a live stream of awards?


Wondering the same thing. If anyone knows, please post!

Usually Texas doesn't (until very recently New York was the only state with a livestream).
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

texas
Member
Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:25 pm
Division: B
State: TX
Location: Katy, TX, maybe SLJH
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby texas » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:21 pm

How does everyone think they did today?
Seven Lakes Jr. High Science Olympiad 2016 - present
Volunteer for the Hunger Games 2016 -


GO SLJH SPARTANS!!! GO TOMPKINS FALCONS!!!

DON'T FORGET TO BE TEXAN

User avatar
Adi1008
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 pm
Division: C
State: TX
Location: Austin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby Adi1008 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Unome wrote:
bhavjain wrote:
windu34 wrote:Will there be a live stream of awards?


Wondering the same thing. If anyone knows, please post!

Usually Texas doesn't (until very recently New York was the only state with a livestream).

I'll try to update this spreadsheet during awards (depends on whether I have internet access)
Last edited by Adi1008 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14

User avatar
Ashernoel
Member
Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:31 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby Ashernoel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Adi1008 wrote:I'll try to update this spreadsheet during awards (depends on whether I have internet access)

good luck!!!
NT 2019

cool hand luke
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:04 pm
Division: B
State: TX
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby cool hand luke » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:20 pm

I'm not fancy with a spreadsheet but I'll try to throw some division b results

cool hand luke
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:04 pm
Division: B
State: TX
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby cool hand luke » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Ap
7 lakes 4
3 river wood
2 beckendor
1 Austin area home school

Bottle rocket
4 bonham
3 king wood
2 Austin area home school
1 NASA

Crime
4 river wood
3 Roberson
2 bexkendord
1 kealing

Disease
4 copper
3 river wood
2 Austin area home school
1 beckendorf

Sorry for butchering the school names

Dynamic planet
4 river wood
3 7 lakes
2 tays
1 beckendorf

Ecology
4 harmony Katy
3 beckendorf
2 kealing
1 bonham

Experiment
4 Hamilton
3 7 lakes
2 beckendorf
1 kealing

Fast facts
4 Austin home schoolers
3 kealing
2 wood creek
1 beckendorf

Food science
4 Roberson
3 NASA
2 kealing
1 beckendorf

Hovercraft
4 Anthony
3 creek wood
2 Austin area home school
1 7 lakes

Invasive species
4 kealing
3 tays
2 beckendorf
1 NASA

Meteorology
4 7 lakes
3 NASA
2 Anthony
1 beckendorf

Microbe mission
4 river wood
3 Hartley school
2 tays
1 beckendorf

Mission possible
4 kealing
3 Anthony
2 seashore
1 beckendorf

Optics
4 Austin area homeschool
3 kealing
2 river wood
1 beckendorf

Potions
4 seashore
3 Austin home school science league
2 kealing
1 Roberson

Reach for stars
4 NASA
3 kealing
2 7 lakes
1 beckendorf

Road scholar
4 Austin area homeschool
3 Alamo height
2 kealing
1 beckendoef

Rock
4 king wood
3 beckendorf
2 Austin home school science league
1 Anthony

Rollercoaster
4 sartatia
3 kealing
2 wood creek
1 Austin area homeschool

Science word
4 copper west
3 bonham
2 seashore
1 7 lakes

Scrambler
4 Anthony
3 NASA
2 beckendorf
1 river wood

Wildflowers
4 NASA
3 Austin home school science
2 wood creek
1 Austin area homeschool

Towers
4 Anthony
3 NASA
2 Austin area homeschool
1 beckendorf

Number
4 Anthony
3 creekwood
2 tays
1 harmony

Wind power
4 7 lakes
3 Anthony
2 Austin area homeschool
1 beckendorf

Weight stuff
4 kealing
3 bonham
2 Austin homeschool science league
1 beckendorf

Write it
4 Alamo heights
3 wood creek
2 harmony
1 beckendorf

Spirit
Bonham

cool hand luke
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:04 pm
Division: B
State: TX
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby cool hand luke » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:07 am

Top 4
4 7 lakes
3 Austin area homeschool
2 kealing
1 beckendorf

Dohnnovan
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 am
Division: B
State: CA
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby Dohnnovan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:06 am

cool hand luke wrote:Top 4
4 7 lakes
3 Austin area homeschool
2 kealing
1 beckendorf


C division scores?
Ukiah High School '20

MIScioly
Member
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:37 am
Division: C
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby MIScioly » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 am

Dohnnovan wrote:
cool hand luke wrote:Top 4
4 7 lakes
3 Austin area homeschool
2 kealing
1 beckendorf


C division scores?


According to the live updates spreadsheet:
1. LASA
2. Clements
3. Seven Lakes
2017 Results:
Haslett | Frankenmuth | Allendale | Regionals | Michigan State
Astronomy: 3 | NC | 1 | NC | -
Hovercraft: 2 | 2 | 2 | 2 | -
Materials Science : 6 | 3 | 5 | 1 | -
Optics: 12 | 16 | 2 | 3 | -
Wind Power: 6 | 11 | NC | 2 | -
Team: 6 | Bad | 1 | 2 | - (Didn't stack teams until Allendale)

User avatar
windu34
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:37 am
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby windu34 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:16 am

MIScioly wrote:
Dohnnovan wrote:
cool hand luke wrote:Top 4
4 7 lakes
3 Austin area homeschool
2 kealing
1 beckendorf


C division scores?


According to the live updates spreadsheet:
1. LASA
2. Clements
3. Seven Lakes

Scoresheet is flawed
Also it doesn't take into account unranked so those aren't final
President of Science Olympiad at the University of Florida || Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
SONT 2016: 2nd place in Electric Vehicle || 3rd place in Robot Arm
SONT 2017: 2nd place in Electric Vehicle || 5th place in Invasive Species
Jazzin710@gmail.com
windu34's Userpage

MIScioly
Member
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:37 am
Division: C
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby MIScioly » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:18 am

I think (?) that the rankings in the upper right are the actual rankings?
2017 Results:
Haslett | Frankenmuth | Allendale | Regionals | Michigan State
Astronomy: 3 | NC | 1 | NC | -
Hovercraft: 2 | 2 | 2 | 2 | -
Materials Science : 6 | 3 | 5 | 1 | -
Optics: 12 | 16 | 2 | 3 | -
Wind Power: 6 | 11 | NC | 2 | -
Team: 6 | Bad | 1 | 2 | - (Didn't stack teams until Allendale)

MIScioly
Member
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:37 am
Division: C
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby MIScioly » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:33 am

This competition is an example of why I wish the most competitive states were given 3 bids to the National tournament. It looks like Seven Lakes will miss out on Nationals when they would probably get top-10 there. It would be nice if states like California, Texas, Michigan, and Ohio, which all consistently have two teams do very well at nationals, could send 3 teams instead of 2.
2017 Results:
Haslett | Frankenmuth | Allendale | Regionals | Michigan State
Astronomy: 3 | NC | 1 | NC | -
Hovercraft: 2 | 2 | 2 | 2 | -
Materials Science : 6 | 3 | 5 | 1 | -
Optics: 12 | 16 | 2 | 3 | -
Wind Power: 6 | 11 | NC | 2 | -
Team: 6 | Bad | 1 | 2 | - (Didn't stack teams until Allendale)

Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:19 am
State: -
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby Raleway » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:48 am

MIScioly wrote:This competition is an example of why I wish the most competitive states were given 3 bids to the National tournament. It looks like Seven Lakes will miss out on Nationals when they would probably get top-10 there. It would be nice if states like California, Texas, Michigan, and Ohio, which all consistently have two teams do very well at nationals, could send 3 teams instead of 2.


:| This is a topic already breached far too many times haha- there are just as many teams that end up in 2nd place that do very well compared to first place (at states) and would place top ten or twenty in the nation. You could try the legacy solution that is based on previous years state's performances but giving 3 teams a state is unheard of and will probably never happen based on the philosophy we see right now from Scioly which emphasizes the best from each state, not best of the nation.
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman

User avatar
pikachu4919
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Location: West [Favorite Fightin' Frenchman!] // H-Town! --> Philly
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby pikachu4919 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 am

Raleway wrote:
MIScioly wrote:This competition is an example of why I wish the most competitive states were given 3 bids to the National tournament. It looks like Seven Lakes will miss out on Nationals when they would probably get top-10 there. It would be nice if states like California, Texas, Michigan, and Ohio, which all consistently have two teams do very well at nationals, could send 3 teams instead of 2.


:| This is a topic already breached far too many times haha- there are just as many teams that end up in 2nd place that do very well compared to first place (at states) and would place top ten or twenty in the nation. You could try the legacy solution that is based on previous years state's performances but giving 3 teams a state is unheard of and will probably never happen based on the philosophy we see right now from Scioly which emphasizes the best from each state, not best of the nation.


Yeah, and the flaw with CA sending three teams is not knowing whether south or north would get an extra bid

(btw, be careful of double-posting)
Last edited by pikachu4919 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BiolE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics


Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

Purdue WL SciOly Exec Board
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~scienceo/index.html
https://www.facebook.com/purduescioly

MIT and Princeton 2018 Forensics ES
Assassinator #113

MIScioly
Member
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:37 am
Division: C
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Texas 2017

Postby MIScioly » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 am

Raleway wrote:
MIScioly wrote:This competition is an example of why I wish the most competitive states were given 3 bids to the National tournament. It looks like Seven Lakes will miss out on Nationals when they would probably get top-10 there. It would be nice if states like California, Texas, Michigan, and Ohio, which all consistently have two teams do very well at nationals, could send 3 teams instead of 2.


:| This is a topic already breached far too many times haha- there are just as many teams that end up in 2nd place that do very well compared to first place (at states) and would place top ten or twenty in the nation. You could try the legacy solution that is based on previous years state's performances but giving 3 teams a state is unheard of and will probably never happen based on the philosophy we see right now from Scioly which emphasizes the best from each state, not best of the nation.


Oh I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't it be nice? :)
2017 Results:
Haslett | Frankenmuth | Allendale | Regionals | Michigan State
Astronomy: 3 | NC | 1 | NC | -
Hovercraft: 2 | 2 | 2 | 2 | -
Materials Science : 6 | 3 | 5 | 1 | -
Optics: 12 | 16 | 2 | 3 | -
Wind Power: 6 | 11 | NC | 2 | -
Team: 6 | Bad | 1 | 2 | - (Didn't stack teams until Allendale)


Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest