Indiana 2017

User avatar
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 129
Joined: March 22nd, 2015, 8:53 am
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Indiana 2017

Post by dcrxcode » September 6th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Indiana Science Olympiad

Invitationals
Whiting Invitational Wiki (C) - 12/3/2016
Manchester Invitational (B/C) - January 14th, 2017
Northridge Invitational (B/C) (Northridge Invitational Wiki)- 1/21/2016
Valparaiso Invitational (B) - January 28th, 2017
IUPUI Invitational (C) - TBA (late January) - don't think this is happening anymore :cry:

Regionals
Ivy Tech Bloomington – February 4, 2017
Purdue University - February 4, 2017
Purdue University Northwest – February 11, 2017
Goshen College – February 11, 2017
Vincennes University - February 18, 2017
Butler University – February 25, 2017
Saint Joseph's College - February 25, 2017
Indiana University Northwest – February 25, 2017

Wild Card
Ivy Tech Lafayette - Saturday, March 5, 2016

State
Indiana University Bloomington - Saturday, March 18, 2017

Supplementary Events
Science Olympiad Event at Indiana Junior Academy of Science - November 14th, 2016 @ IU Bloomington
Fly-It Day - November 19th, 2016 @ Northridge High School/Northridge Middle School

Useful Links
Registration Information
Registration Link

Looking forward to a fantastic year of Indiana Science Olympiad!

Hopefully we can get more teams so we can qualify two teams to nationals again :D

Log:
10/17: Updated with Northridge invitational website; correct Manchester and Valpo dates
11/15: Updated with confirmed Purdue West Lafayette region date. Crossed off IJAS, as it has already happened, and deleted Build-It Day, which doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Added link for Manchester Invitational.
12/5: Crossed off fly-it day and Whiting Invite. Added links for Whiting/Northridge invite for the Wiki page.
1/17: Crossed off Manchester and IUPUI.
2/27: Regionals Cross-offs.
Last edited by dcrxcode on February 26th, 2017, 10:11 pm, edited 13 times in total.

User avatar
calvin102111
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by calvin102111 » September 6th, 2016, 3:35 pm

The date for the Valparaiso Invitational is January 14th. According to what my coach has been telling us, anyways.
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

User avatar
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 129
Joined: March 22nd, 2015, 8:53 am
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by dcrxcode » September 7th, 2016, 1:32 pm

calvin102111 wrote:The date for the Valparaiso Invitational is January 14th. According to what my coach has been telling us, anyways.
The website doesn't have a confirmed date. Has your coach gotten contacted by the Valpo tournament organizers?

User avatar
calvin102111
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by calvin102111 » September 7th, 2016, 1:53 pm

dcrxcode wrote:
calvin102111 wrote:The date for the Valparaiso Invitational is January 14th. According to what my coach has been telling us, anyways.
The website doesn't have a confirmed date. Has your coach gotten contacted by the Valpo tournament organizers?
There are students at VU who went to Chesterton that usually give us dates in advance. For all I know our coach doesn't even know, and just put it on our info sheet. It seems like a pretty reasonable date to me, since Northridge is usually a week after VU.

EDIT: Also, figured I'd see if you knew. Any idea if Indiana will be replacing bottle rockets with roller coasters again?
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

User avatar
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 129
Joined: March 22nd, 2015, 8:53 am
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by dcrxcode » September 7th, 2016, 5:15 pm

calvin102111 wrote:
dcrxcode wrote:
calvin102111 wrote:The date for the Valparaiso Invitational is January 14th. According to what my coach has been telling us, anyways.
The website doesn't have a confirmed date. Has your coach gotten contacted by the Valpo tournament organizers?
There are students at VU who went to Chesterton that usually give us dates in advance. For all I know our coach doesn't even know, and just put it on our info sheet. It seems like a pretty reasonable date to me, since Northridge is usually a week after VU.

EDIT: Also, figured I'd see if you knew. Any idea if Indiana will be replacing bottle rockets with roller coasters again?
I'll edit the post with a tentative date for Valpo. No idea if Indiana is replacing bottle rockets - the state website doesn't have a calendar (or the Invasive List or anything) and the only information I have is ripped from the Whiting website and the registration link. I heard roller coaster was a huge mess though... so maybe the state organization will reconsider.

User avatar
calvin102111
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by calvin102111 » October 4th, 2016, 10:28 am

A calendar for 2016-17 has been posted on the Indiana Science Olympiad website.

https://www.indianascienceolympiad.org/ ... ?newsID=63
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4250
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by Unome » October 4th, 2016, 10:38 am

calvin102111 wrote:A calendar for 2016-17 has been posted on the Indiana Science Olympiad website.

https://www.indianascienceolympiad.org/ ... ?newsID=63
omg the indiana website got updated. the world is ending
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
calvin102111
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by calvin102111 » October 4th, 2016, 11:50 am

Unome wrote:
calvin102111 wrote:A calendar for 2016-17 has been posted on the Indiana Science Olympiad website.

https://www.indianascienceolympiad.org/ ... ?newsID=63
omg the indiana website got updated. the world is ending
Not gonna lie, I thought the exact same thing :lol:
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

Northridge
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: October 5th, 2016, 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by Northridge » October 5th, 2016, 1:58 pm

We are in the process of overhauling the State site. I am hopeful that the new site should be up in the next week or so. Please be patient with us as we make this much needed change. The new site will be much better, and will contain more info for teams.

The new website for the Northridge Invitational/Fly it Day is www.northridgesoinvitational.com It is a work in progress, but has the information for these events and sign up areas. The next Northridge Invitational will be 1/21/17 and Fly it Day will be 11/19/16

User avatar
calvin102111
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: April 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2017

Post by calvin102111 » October 5th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Northridge wrote:We are in the process of overhauling the State site. I am hopeful that the new site should be up in the next week or so. Please be patient with us as we make this much needed change. The new site will be much better, and will contain more info for teams.

The new website for the Northridge Invitational/Fly it Day is http://www.northridgesoinvitational.com It is a work in progress, but has the information for these events and sign up areas. The next Northridge Invitational will be 1/21/17 and Fly it Day will be 11/19/16
Thanks for working on the site! I'm sure that we all appreciate it.
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI

Locked

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest