1. Churchill A (36)
x. Churchill B (94)
2. Pomolita A (125)
3. Granite Oaks (168)
4. Pinkerton (177)

5. Barrett (183)
6. Smedberg (184)
then into the 200s from there

Bolds moving on to state. No surprises here, really, proud of our guys solidifying second a little more, maybe we'll start pushing Churchill's B team sometime soon. All others regions except the Bay Area / Santa Clara also went today. Kennedy in Santa Clara will be the ones to watch to really challenge Churchill this year.

DIv C results were for Mira Loma 1st, Sheldon 2nd, Bella Vista 3rd, Pleasant Grove 4th for states I believe, but I don't get those numbers. Not sure Mira Loma has a challenger in Norcal the same way Churchill has Kennedy, tho.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Northern California 2017

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

SOPomo wrote:Sacramento Regional results for DivB:

1. Churchill A (36)
x. Churchill B (94)
2. Pomolita A (125)
3. Granite Oaks (168)
4. Pinkerton (177)

5. Barrett (183)
6. Smedberg (184)
then into the 200s from there

Bolds moving on to state. No surprises here, really, proud of our guys solidifying second a little more, maybe we'll start pushing Churchill's B team sometime soon. All others regions except the Bay Area / Santa Clara also went today. Kennedy in Santa Clara will be the ones to watch to really challenge Churchill this year.

DIv C results were for Mira Loma 1st, Sheldon 2nd, Bella Vista 3rd, Pleasant Grove 4th for states I believe, but I don't get those numbers. Not sure Mira Loma has a challenger in Norcal the same way Churchill has Kennedy, tho.
Mountain View can probably be considered their primary challenger, but Kennedy seems to have the better chance of pulling the upset. Both divisions should be relatively close.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
SOPomo
Has thanked: 0

Post by SOPomo »

I still don't know Fresno/San Joaquin results (Wicklund will be one of them), but here are the other regions and their state qualifiers. Bay Area awards probably going on right now, Santa Clara net weekend.

Sacramento C: Mira Loma, Sheldon, Bella Vista, Pleasant Grove

Tulare B: Jefferson Charter, Oak Grove, Live Oak, St. Aloysius

Tulare C: Tulare, Exeter, University Prep, Mission Oak

Stanislaus B: Turlock, Hickman, La Loma, Ustach

Stanislaus C: Oakdale, Modesto, Enochs, Whitmore
anitawood
Division: C
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by anitawood »

Would someone please post the Bay Area Regional Division C results? Thanks.
soyuppy

Post by soyuppy »

SOPomo

Post by SOPomo »

Haven't seen Bay Area regional results but I assume Hopkins/Horner were some version of 1-2 in B.

Santa Clara regional today finished Kennedy, Miller, Challenger, Basis in B.

Now on to the real showdown, Churchill and Kennedy for only one national spot for some reason.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

SOPomo wrote:Now on to the real showdown, Churchill and Kennedy for only one national spot for some reason.
The reason is simple: maximum of 2 teams per state per division. This is to ensure that nationals has an even distribution of teams from across the country. It's important to note that nationals is meant to be the best teams from each state in the country, not the best teams overall in the country.

Now, debating that reasoning is a completely different story. It's definitely a debatable point, as evidenced by the numerous threads that have appeared recently regarding this issue. However, there is no real simple solution to this, unfortunately. Perhaps eventually a 3-team threshold will be introduced, but that still seems to be a ways off.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Dohnnovan
Division: B

Post by Dohnnovan »

SOPomo wrote:Haven't seen Bay Area regional results but I assume Hopkins/Horner were some version of 1-2 in B.

Now on to the real showdown, Churchill and Kennedy for only one national spot for some reason.
I believe it was Kennedy, Miller, Challenger, and chaboya. http://www.santaclarascioly.com/2015%20 ... SCORES.pdf
Ukiah High School '20
Dohnnovan
Division: B

Post by Dohnnovan »

Dohnnovan wrote:
SOPomo wrote:Haven't seen Bay Area regional results but I assume Hopkins/Horner were some version of 1-2 in B.

I believe it was Kennedy, Miller, Challenger, and chaboya. http://www.santaclarascioly.com/2015%20 ... SCORES.pdf
I just realized those were scores from 2015
Ukiah High School '20
MIScioly
Division: C
State: MI

Post by MIScioly »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
SOPomo wrote:Now on to the real showdown, Churchill and Kennedy for only one national spot for some reason.
The reason is simple: maximum of 2 teams per state per division. This is to ensure that nationals has an even distribution of teams from across the country. It's important to note that nationals is meant to be the best teams from each state in the country, not the best teams overall in the country.

Now, debating that reasoning is a completely different story. It's definitely a debatable point, as evidenced by the numerous threads that have appeared recently regarding this issue. However, there is no real simple solution to this, unfortunately. Perhaps eventually a 3-team threshold will be introduced, but that still seems to be a ways off.
I agree. Nationals is the best teams from each state. If you want to go to nationals, you have to be the best in your state (or one of the top 2). I think a 3-team threshold would be fair to the top states like California, New York, Michigan etc. but I think that would have to be the limit.
2017 Results:
Haslett | Frankenmuth | Allendale | Regionals | Michigan State
Astronomy: 3 | NC | 1 | NC | -
Hovercraft: 2 | 2 | 2 | 2 | -
Materials Science : 6 | 3 | 5 | 1 | -
Optics: 12 | 16 | 2 | 3 | -
Wind Power: 6 | 11 | NC | 2 | -
Team: 6 | Bad | 1 | 2 | - (Didn't stack teams until Allendale)

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”