MattH2018
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2017

Post by MattH2018 »

schist99centz wrote::oops:

I'm assuming raw scores for builds will not be released?
If you are referring to C states, the top 6 robot scores are posted on the Robot Arm forums and I also know the top 2 tower scores
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

MattH2018 wrote:

If you are referring to C states, the top 6 robot scores are posted on the Robot Arm forums and I also know the top 2 tower scores
Towers 3rd was 1750.
Innovation =/= success
MattH2018

Post by MattH2018 »

Bazinga+ wrote:
MattH2018 wrote:

Towers 3rd was 1750.
And top 2 were 2959 and 2550
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

Any predictions on trials next year? (topic or specific event)
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
PandaDevs
Division: B

Post by PandaDevs »

Dear Bay Academy School,

I deeply apologize for my actions.  I understand the impact it has caused. I never stopped to think how my words would be so hurtful. I should not have written such an untrue statement. In person I would never had done such a thing. But when behind screens, it was so easy for me to not stop and think, thinking of nothing but "anonymity." I've learned a difficult lesson the hard way. Please take this apology from one that never aimed to demoralize anyone. I wish the best of luck to your teams and hope that your members will accept this sincere apology. 

Sincerely,

BT
Food Scientist, Optical Illusionist, Road Scholar, Scrambler Chef
(Excuse my puniness)

I'm a freelance Java developer!
gneissisnice
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by gneissisnice »

GneissGuy17 wrote:Congrats to FM and Columbia! Wow, HHHE didn't perform as well as I had expected. But props to Spack for getting 5th. How'd that happen? Great job to everyone though.
I can say that HHHE had a bad year, our kids just didn't work as hard as they should have. I think they got a bit cocky after a 2nd place finish at regionals (though the gap between us and Ward Melville was substantial) and they felt like they could do everything last minute. We also only had 2 seniors on the team, which hurt. The other coaches and I have already been talking about what we can do for next year to improve organization and get people coming to meetings more. Attendance was a big issue, and even when people did come to meetings, they weren't very productive. We had a great group of kids but the effort just wasn't there. Hopefully next year we come back in full force.

Congratulations to FM and Columbia for a fantastic showing, and props to WM for 3rd!
2009 events:
Fossils: 1st @ reg. 3rd @ states (stupid dinosaurs...) 5th @ nats.
Dynamic: 1st @ reg. 19thish @ states, 18th @ nats
Herpetology (NOT the study of herpes): NA
Enviro Chem: 39th @ states =(
Cell Bio: 9th @ reg. 18th @ nats
Remote: 6th @ states 3rd @ Nats
Ecology: 5th @ Nats
colaboy82

Post by colaboy82 »

MattH2018 wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote: Towers 3rd was 1750.
I believe that there was only one negative score for EV and I had a score of around 5 for my EV and placed 4th so i guess that puts the rest of the scores into perspective
Townsend Harris
15-16
Regionals/States
EV 1/3
Robot Arm 1/42 ( :cry: tier 2)
Wright Stuff 1/4
Bridge Building 1/13
Game On -/17
16-17
Yale/Regionals/States
EV 14/1/4
Robot Arm 4/1/2
Helicopters -/2/3
Game On 20/8/10
17-18
Islip/Regionals/States
Mousetrap Vehicle 3/1/
Game On 19/8/
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

colaboy82 wrote:
MattH2018 wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote: Towers 3rd was 1750.
I believe that there was only one negative score for EV and I had a score of around 5 for my EV and placed 4th so i guess that puts the rest of the scores into perspective
Seriously? Only one negative score? I expected many more considering that we were able to get double digit negative scores rather consistently.
Innovation =/= success
colaboy82

Post by colaboy82 »

Bazinga+ wrote:
colaboy82 wrote:
MattH2018 wrote: And top 2 were 2959 and 2550
Seriously? Only one negative score? I expected many more considering that we were able to get double digit negative scores rather consistently.
Yeah, it shocked me too when I heard because I was able to get negative scores pretty consistently also. Maybe the competition nerves got to everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I am pretty sure there was only one negative score but I would not be surprised if I am wrong because that would also mean second and third place had to be from 0 - 4 points and that seems like a very small variation.
Townsend Harris
15-16
Regionals/States
EV 1/3
Robot Arm 1/42 ( :cry: tier 2)
Wright Stuff 1/4
Bridge Building 1/13
Game On -/17
16-17
Yale/Regionals/States
EV 14/1/4
Robot Arm 4/1/2
Helicopters -/2/3
Game On 20/8/10
17-18
Islip/Regionals/States
Mousetrap Vehicle 3/1/
Game On 19/8/
MattH2018

Post by MattH2018 »

colaboy82 wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote:
colaboy82 wrote:
Yeah, it shocked me too when I heard because I was able to get negative scores pretty consistently also. Maybe the competition nerves got to everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I am pretty sure there was only one negative score but I would not be surprised if I am wrong because that would also mean second and third place had to be from 0 - 4 points and that seems like a very small variation.
Iirc 3rd was around 1

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”