New York 2017

colaboy82
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: February 9th, 2016, 12:59 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby colaboy82 » March 20th, 2017, 5:24 am

MattH2018 wrote:
colaboy82 wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote:Seriously? Only one negative score? I expected many more considering that we were able to get double digit negative scores rather consistently.


Yeah, it shocked me too when I heard because I was able to get negative scores pretty consistently also. Maybe the competition nerves got to everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I am pretty sure there was only one negative score but I would not be surprised if I am wrong because that would also mean second and third place had to be from 0 - 4 points and that seems like a very small variation.

Iirc 3rd was around 1


Edit to what I said before. The actual scores for states have been posted on the Electric Vehicle forum under Pictures, Videos, and Scores. Although, I am still shocked that there was only two negative values and the lowest was -5.
Townsend Harris
15-16
Regionals/States
EV 1/3
Robot Arm 1/42 ( :cry: tier 2)
Wright Stuff 1/4
Bridge Building 1/13
Game On -/17
16-17
Yale/Regionals/States
EV 14/1/4
Robot Arm 4/1/2
Helicopters -/2/3
Game On 20/8/10
17-18
Islip/Regionals/States
Mousetrap Vehicle 3/1/
Game On 19/8/

chaguy2457
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 7:53 am
Division: C
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby chaguy2457 » March 21st, 2017, 6:57 am

OP here.

Can't edit the first post for some reason.

Western Long Island Results

Teams Qualifying for States:

C.P. Weber
South Woods
Bro. Joseph Fox
Wisdom Lane
Manhasset
HB Tompson
Captain

Bold indicates main event
2016 Events: Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Forensics, Fossils, Game On, Green Generation, It's About Time
Medal Count: 3

2017 Events: Experimental Design, Game On, Hovercraft, Rocks and Minerals, Herpetology, Wind Power
Medal Count: 3

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 545
Joined: December 3rd, 2011, 9:45 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby syo_astro » March 21st, 2017, 10:43 am

chaguy2457 wrote:OP here.

Can't edit the first post for some reason.

Western Long Island Results

Teams Qualifying for States:

C.P. Weber
South Woods
Bro. Joseph Fox
Wisdom Lane
Manhasset
HB Tompson


DID YOU SAY HBT IS GOING TO STATES???!!!??!!!?!??!!???!?!?!?!?!?!!??!ogmgogmoggogmGOMGOMGOOGMOGOGMGMGOM@?!?!?!?!
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

User avatar
NeilMehta
WikiMod
WikiMod
Posts: 316
Joined: August 27th, 2016, 5:27 am
Division: C
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby NeilMehta » March 22nd, 2017, 9:49 am

chaguy2457 wrote:OP here.

Can't edit the first post for some reason.

Western Long Island Results

Teams Qualifying for States:

C.P. Weber
South Woods
Bro. Joseph Fox
Wisdom Lane
Manhasset
HB Tompson

Editing is disabled at the moment, maybe bernard could help if you pm'd him
my events tend to deal with really big or small things ..
so now i do fermi : ^)

Voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018

User avatar
NeilMehta
WikiMod
WikiMod
Posts: 316
Joined: August 27th, 2016, 5:27 am
Division: C
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby NeilMehta » April 6th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Good luck to everyone competing at b-div states tomorrow, hope to meet some of you there!
my events tend to deal with really big or small things ..
so now i do fermi : ^)

Voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018

MattH2018
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 1:37 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby MattH2018 » April 6th, 2017, 2:21 pm

NeilMehta wrote:Good luck to everyone competing at b-div states tomorrow, hope to meet some of you there!

I don't really know many of y'all but I'll be proctoring Fast Facts for anyone who does that. Also good luck to all the teams coming this weekend

MrShellfishBeach
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 7:11 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby MrShellfishBeach » April 8th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Division B State Results:

1) Eagle Hill
2) Paul Gelinas
3) RC Murphy
4) Howard Goff
5) CP Weber

MattH2018
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 1:37 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby MattH2018 » April 8th, 2017, 4:08 pm

MrShellfishBeach wrote:Division B State Results:

1) Eagle Hill
2) Paul Gelinas
3) RC Murphy
4) Howard Goff
5) CP Weber


Scores:
Eagle Hill 129
Gelinas 152
Murphy 224
Goff 268
Weber 288

The48thYoshi
Member
Member
Posts: 107
Joined: March 25th, 2017, 3:11 pm
Division: B
State: IL
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby The48thYoshi » April 8th, 2017, 4:14 pm

MattH2018 wrote:
MrShellfishBeach wrote:Division B State Results:

1) Eagle Hill
2) Paul Gelinas
3) RC Murphy
4) Howard Goff
5) CP Weber


Scores:
Eagle Hill 129
Gelinas 152
Murphy 224
Goff 268
Weber 288


Do you by chance have the scoresheet?
dwjhs ‘18.
Events: Thermo, Microbe, Herps, Disease, Anatomy
I got lucky at nats

User avatar
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 160
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 8:01 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: WEHS
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby JasperKota » April 8th, 2017, 6:38 pm

The48thYoshi wrote:Do you by chance have the scoresheet?


Should be on newyorkscioly.org within a couple days.
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Invasives, Wright Stuff, Ecology
2016 Events: Invasives, Dynamic Planet, Crave the Wave

User avatar
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 160
Joined: October 22nd, 2015, 8:01 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: WEHS
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby JasperKota » April 8th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Official score sheet is up on Erza, not sure about newyorkscioly.org : https://www.ezratech.us/competition/new ... es/results
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Invasives, Wright Stuff, Ecology
2016 Events: Invasives, Dynamic Planet, Crave the Wave

User avatar
gneissisnice
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 924
Joined: March 11th, 2008, 9:10 am
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: Long Island
Contact:

Re: New York 2017

Postby gneissisnice » April 9th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Congrats to Eagle Hill and Gelinas! Great showing at States yesterday from both teams.

I was there running Rocks and Minerals.
2009 events:
Fossils: 1st @ reg. 3rd @ states (stupid dinosaurs...) 5th @ nats.
Dynamic: 1st @ reg. 19thish @ states, 18th @ nats
Herpetology (NOT the study of herpes): NA
Enviro Chem: 39th @ states =(
Cell Bio: 9th @ reg. 18th @ nats
Remote: 6th @ states 3rd @ Nats
Ecology: 5th @ Nats


Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest