New Jersey 2017

fanjiatian
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Re: New Jersey 2017

Post by fanjiatian »

If anything try harder at Nats to make up for it... Community hadn't placed top 10 at Nats in years
nxtscholar
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Post by nxtscholar »

fanjiatian wrote:If anything try harder at Nats to make up for it... Community hadn't placed top 10 at Nats in years
At least they won nationals twice though. :P
BuildingFriend wrote:I think the more important questions now are: How will they take precedents now (2011 Heli), what they will do for heli last year, and how they can improve the quality of the tournament.
Exactly. Helicopter is going to be an event next year based off the 2 year cycle for flight events.
lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by lumosityfan »

Congratulations to Community MS for getting 11th and West Windsor-Plainsboro HS South for getting 20th at Nats! :D
John P. Stevens Class of 2015 (Go Hawks!)
Columbia University Class of 2019 (Go Lions!)
BuildingFriend
State: DC

Post by BuildingFriend »

Hey all- just as a question for next year, and because Wirt was present for the National Tournament, will she consider changing NJ State Schedule to the National schedule like many other states have done? The limitation of bringing your state team to nationals with a team designed for a different schedule is terribly handicapping. In addition, many if not all national schedules don't have conflicts between similar subject events, which would be a great relief from this year's packed biology events into a session... just a thought.
Fermilicious
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

BuildingFriend wrote:Hey all- just as a question for next year, and because Wirt was present for the National Tournament, will she consider changing NJ State Schedule to the National schedule like many other states have done? The limitation of bringing your state team to nationals with a team designed for a different schedule is terribly handicapping. In addition, many if not all national schedules don't have conflicts between similar subject events, which would be a great relief from this year's packed biology events into a session... just a thought.
I very much doubt NJ will change anything. The state directors are basically all there at every national tournament, or at least for the meetings on Sunday and Monday (I'd estimate in the range of 7-8 absent due to various factors, but that's just guesswork). Few people are willing to change long-established policy even with significant pushback.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
SSD_scioly
Division: C
State: NJ

Post by SSD_scioly »

Do any of you know if a video recording of the awards ceremony at states this year exists? I thought I saw someone had a video camera set up.
WWP High School South (NJ) '17

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”