Wright State Invitational

DaPlug
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wright State Invitational

Post by DaPlug »

Does anyone know what the Game On Topic was from this invitational?
Mira Loma High School
2016:
Air Trajectory/Robot Arm/Wright Stuff/Game On
Regionals: 7/2/2/1
States: 3/2/4/2
Nationals: 4/1/3/-
Ashernoel
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by Ashernoel »

Anyone know who supervised Microbe mission??
NT '19
Harvard '23
afrohair
State: OH

Post by afrohair »

DaPlug wrote:Does anyone know what the Game On Topic was from this invitational?
I believe it was Photosynthesis
MASON HIGH SCHOOL '18

University of Cincinnati MedSci '22
MIScioly1
State: MI

Post by MIScioly1 »

Does anyone know what day this invitational will be next year? Saturday, January 27?
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Executive Board
chalker

Post by chalker »

MIScioly1 wrote:Does anyone know what day this invitational will be next year? Saturday, January 27?
FYI, I believe we are moving the location of the invitational to Centerville High School, which is just down the road from WSU.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
MIScioly1

Post by MIScioly1 »

Alright. Do you know what the date will be, or has that not been discussed yet?
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Executive Board
Tesel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by Tesel »

I'm curious too.
Do you know the planned date for next year's invitational, or when that information will be released?
Also, are coaches required to write tests/bring materials?
I'm trying to persuade my coaches to go to WSU/Centerville, but they want a little more information before they make decisions.
Thank you!
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Div. C Event Lead

2018 MI Mission Possible State Champions
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Tesel wrote:I'm curious too.
Do you know the planned date for next year's invitational, or when that information will be released?
I'm trying to persuade my coaches to go to WSU/Centerville, but they want a little more information before they make decisions.
Thank you!
Same here. I'm looking at Westlake, Solon, Mentor, and WSU/Centerville (how different is this invitational from Wright State? Sufficient to make a new page on the wiki?) as possibilities for next year (within Ohio, though there aren't that many outside of Ohio that are on my shortlist) so anything is helpful.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach

Post by nicholasmaurer »

Unome wrote:
Thank you!
Same here. I'm looking at Westlake, Solon, Mentor, and WSU/Centerville (how different is this invitational from Wright State? Sufficient to make a new page on the wiki?) as possibilities for next year (within Ohio, though there aren't that many outside of Ohio that are on my shortlist) so anything is helpful.
I would guess that Centerville's invitational would have less of a national draw than WSU did this past year. I know many nationally-competitive teams flew in for the WSU tournament as a "pre-nationals" exercise. They may choose different tournaments such as MIT, Cornell, or UChicago (which I hear is starting this year) for their out-of-state travel this coming season since WSU isn't hosting nationals in the foreseeable future.

If Chattahoochee is looking for a good tournament next year, I would recommend coming to Solon (not that I am biased). Tentatively our tournament is set for 2/3/18.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

nicholasmaurer wrote:
Unome wrote:
Thank you!
I would guess that Centerville's invitational would have less of a national draw than WSU did this past year. I know many nationally-competitive teams flew in for the WSU tournament as a "pre-nationals" exercise. They may choose different tournaments such as MIT, Cornell, or UChicago (which I hear is starting this year) for their out-of-state travel this coming season since WSU isn't hosting nationals in the foreseeable future.

If Chattahoochee is looking for a good tournament next year, I would recommend coming to Solon (not that I am biased). Tentatively our tournament is set for 2/3/18.
Yeah I figured it would be that date, which was my main reservation. Our preferred regional is probably going to be the same day, and I doubt Solon is sufficiently better than e.g. Westlake to end up going to like GPC regionals or some such. It's also unlikely that we'll get regionals dates earlier than mid-September, so I wouldn't want to register and then back out.
Userpage

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”