MIT Invitational

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4282
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: MIT Invitational

Post by Unome » June 7th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Has anyone heard anything at all about next year's date? I emailed a few weeks ago but haven't heard back.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Posts: 421
Joined: May 19th, 2017, 10:55 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: MIT Invitational

Post by nicholasmaurer » June 7th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Unome wrote:Has anyone heard anything at all about next year's date? I emailed a few weeks ago but haven't heard back.
Stephen Tang, who graduated but has run the invite the past three years, says he believes the plan is to stay on the same weekend (so that would be 1/20/18). I believe Katie Shade (New Trier alumni) should be one of the tournament co-directors if anyone has contact information for her.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 507
Joined: March 21st, 2011, 1:31 pm
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: MIT Invitational

Post by Luo » June 7th, 2017, 1:48 pm

nicholasmaurer wrote:
Unome wrote:Has anyone heard anything at all about next year's date? I emailed a few weeks ago but haven't heard back.
Stephen Tang, who graduated but has run the invite the past three years, says he believes the plan is to stay on the same weekend (so that would be 1/20/18). I believe Katie Shade (New Trier alumni) should be one of the tournament co-directors if anyone has contact information for her.
scioly [at] mit [dot] edu is the correct contact information for Science Olympiad at MIT - it goes straight to the current tournament director and is the address to which all inquires should be directed.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4282
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: MIT Invitational

Post by Unome » June 7th, 2017, 2:05 pm

Luo wrote:
nicholasmaurer wrote:
Unome wrote:Has anyone heard anything at all about next year's date? I emailed a few weeks ago but haven't heard back.
Stephen Tang, who graduated but has run the invite the past three years, says he believes the plan is to stay on the same weekend (so that would be 1/20/18). I believe Katie Shade (New Trier alumni) should be one of the tournament co-directors if anyone has contact information for her.
scioly [at] mit [dot] edu is the correct contact information for Science Olympiad at MIT - it goes straight to the current tournament director and is the address to which all inquires should be directed.
This is the email I used. I wasn't really expecting a response for a few days, based on response times over the last year. I sent my email (which was actually unrelated to the 2018 tournament date) 13 days ago, which is why I asked here if anyone had heard anything.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 1366
Joined: April 19th, 2015, 6:37 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: MIT Invitational

Post by windu34 » June 7th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Unome wrote:
Luo wrote:
nicholasmaurer wrote:
Stephen Tang, who graduated but has run the invite the past three years, says he believes the plan is to stay on the same weekend (so that would be 1/20/18). I believe Katie Shade (New Trier alumni) should be one of the tournament co-directors if anyone has contact information for her.
scioly [at] mit [dot] edu is the correct contact information for Science Olympiad at MIT - it goes straight to the current tournament director and is the address to which all inquires should be directed.
This is the email I used. I wasn't really expecting a response for a few days, based on response times over the last year. I sent my email (which was actually unrelated to the 2018 tournament date) 13 days ago, which is why I asked here if anyone had heard anything.
I emailed about 5 days ago and havent heard back yet either.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Member
kevin@floridascienceolympiad.org || windu34's Userpage

Locked

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest