Community Middle School
2%
Paul J. Gelinas Middle School
4%
J.C. Booth Middle School
7%
ExCEL Homeschoolers
6%
Chardon Middle School(I figure if they beat Masig, they're probably contenders)
No votes
Arden Middle School
4%
Other (Please specify, I apologize that I left so many out)
10%

Total votes: 82

pjgscioisamazing
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: POLL- Who will win B Division at Nationals

Post by pjgscioisamazing »

croman74 wrote:
pjgscioisamazing wrote:
croman74 wrote:Under the predictions for nationals, people are still putting that White Pines will do better than Lakeshore. I don't think they realize that White Pines didn't win states. They got 2nd by 29 points.
So taht doesn't mean anything. Solon got 2nd last year at states and beat Magsig. It's very possible for a second place team to do better than the first place team at nationals.
That's true. White Pines did beat Lakeshore at regionals. But for some reason, I think that Lakeshore will win. I believe both of them will be top 5.
Well also, I think taht in some cases, being second place will motivate the teams more so it is possible to do better. I am from PJ Gelinas in NY, and we were state champs for three years, but this year we had soem mess-ups, got 2nd, and now we are more determined than ever, cause we wanna show Eagle Hill (the team that got 1st) whose boss ;) :lol:
2007-2012. Paul J Gelinas Jr High and Ward Melville High School

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building
croman74
Division: C
State: MI

Post by croman74 »

Yeah. After competition you can see where you need to improve. Hopefully White Pines does (I have no doubt they will) and they improve those areas. I'm sure this year that they're aiming to win. They need revenge from last year. Losing by 1 point isn't fun. Especially at nationals.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
pjgscioisamazing

croman74 wrote:Yeah. After competition you can see where you need to improve. Hopefully White Pines does (I have no doubt they will) and they improve those areas. I'm sure this year that they're aiming to win. They need revenge from last year. Losing by 1 point isn't fun. Especially at nationals.
Yeah I remember that so clearly. Seeing them lose by 1 point, it must have stunk!

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building
croman74

Post by croman74 »

I know! I would've been so mad. I bet all the kids were thinking, "If only I answered one more question right," or "If only the device did a little better". The big event that White Pines seems to be struggling with is WIDI (39th @ regionals, 28th @ states). Then at states they also placed 31st in Compute This. (I don't remember regionals).
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
pjgscioisamazing

croman74 wrote:I know! I would've been so mad. I bet all the kids were thinking, "If only I answered one more question right," or "If only the device did a little better". The big event that White Pines seems to be struggling with is WIDI (39th @ regionals, 28th @ states). Then at states they also placed 31st in Compute This. (I don't remember regionals).
Yeah, but idk, I'm kinda glad that we got second at states, cause our team is AWESOME!!! and definitely had the ability to be 1st in our state if we worked a little harder/ didn't let stupid mistakes (like some1 forgetting to go to an event) happen. But now we are soooooo much more determined, like we've all been working soooooo much harder. Like even the team members that were nvr rly that into it are now rly into it.

croman74

Post by croman74 »

That's great. It's good when everybody is motivated. In my opinion, scioly is the most fun when you really get into it. I wish you guys the best at nationals!
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
pjgscioisamazing

croman74 wrote:That's great. It's good when everybody is motivated. In my opinion, scioly is the most fun when you really get into it. I wish you guys the best at nationals!
Thanks!!! :D

fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

pjgscioisamazing wrote:
croman74 wrote:
pjgscioisamazing wrote:
So taht doesn't mean anything. Solon got 2nd last year at states and beat Magsig. It's very possible for a second place team to do better than the first place team at nationals.
That's true. White Pines did beat Lakeshore at regionals. But for some reason, I think that Lakeshore will win. I believe both of them will be top 5.
Well also, I think taht in some cases, being second place will motivate the teams more so it is possible to do better. I am from PJ Gelinas in NY, and we were state champs for three years, but this year we had soem mess-ups, got 2nd, and now we are more determined than ever, cause we wanna show Eagle Hill (the team that got 1st) whose boss ;) :lol:
lol and they wanna show you that was no fluke
pjgscioisamazing

fmtiger124 wrote:
pjgscioisamazing wrote:
croman74 wrote:That's true. White Pines did beat Lakeshore at regionals. But for some reason, I think that Lakeshore will win. I believe both of them will be top 5.
lol and they wanna show you that was no fluke
Ok, and well... we'll see in a week from tomorrow.

croman74

Post by croman74 »

I see on the National Predictions Contest that Muscatel is 4th on the list. I've never heard of this school. What state are they from?
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st

Return to “2009 Nationals”