Meeting at the Swap Meet

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: MD

Re: Meeting at the Swap Meet

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » May 13th, 2009, 3:19 pm

Yeah, hope everything goes well! Although some teams might not have left for Georgia yet. I wonder how many users at nats will have enough free time to go on here! Not that you have nothing else to do with your free time... :roll:
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

pjgscioisamazing
State: NY

Postby pjgscioisamazing » May 13th, 2009, 3:21 pm

I prolly won't be able to post until Sunday night when I get back...
2007-2012. Paul J Gelinas Jr High and Ward Melville High School

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building

robotman
Administrator
Administrator
State: TX

Postby robotman » May 13th, 2009, 3:33 pm

good luck all hope you do well :)

fmtiger124

Postby fmtiger124 » May 13th, 2009, 3:46 pm

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Yeah, hope everything goes well! Although some teams might not have left for Georgia yet. I wonder how many users at nats will have enough free time to go on here! Not that you have nothing else to do with your free time... :roll:

I know that FMHS and Eagle Hill leave really early tomorrow they have to leave their houses at lik 4am

rbejnood
Division: B
State: TN

Postby rbejnood » May 13th, 2009, 4:19 pm

we're driving tomorrow to augusta, but something our coaches old us doesn't seem to make sense to me. we live in east tennessee (for those of you that don't know, that's the part closest to georgia) and it's about a four hour drive to atlanta. but our coaches said that it would take about eight hours to get there. did i miss something?
The Glass is neither half full nor half empty-it is simply twice as large as it needs to be.

fmtiger124

Postby fmtiger124 » May 13th, 2009, 4:22 pm

rbejnood wrote:we're driving tomorrow to augusta, but something our coaches old us doesn't seem to make sense to me. we live in east tennessee (for those of you that don't know, that's the part closest to georgia) and it's about a four hour drive to atlanta. but our coaches said that it would take about eight hours to get there. did i miss something?

yes its in Augusta not Atlanta-augusta is near the SC border so you have to drive completely across Georgia

rbejnood

Postby rbejnood » May 13th, 2009, 4:25 pm

the thing is though, from where we are, augusta is just a little bit farther than atlanta
The Glass is neither half full nor half empty-it is simply twice as large as it needs to be.

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Postby Kokonilly » May 13th, 2009, 4:43 pm

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:some teams might not have left for Georgia yet

We're leaving tomorrow. Our flight leaves at 7:30 AM or something like that so we have check in by seven so we have to be at the airport by 5:45 (just to be safe) so I have to leave the house at 5 which means I have to wake up at 4-ish.

:shock:

rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Postby rfscoach » May 13th, 2009, 4:47 pm

No direct major highways from there though. So either you take the little 2 lane state highways(which takes for EVER) or you take the interstate down through Atlanta and then over to Augusta. Takes us 2.5 hours from Atlanta, so 6.5 for you plus you'll have to stop for breaks and a meal.... that close to 8 hours.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

fmtiger124

Postby fmtiger124 » May 13th, 2009, 5:26 pm

rfscoach wrote:No direct major highways from there though. So either you take the little 2 lane state highways(which takes for EVER) or you take the interstate down through Atlanta and then over to Augusta. Takes us 2.5 hours from Atlanta, so 6.5 for you plus you'll have to stop for breaks and a meal.... that close to 8 hours.

he's right

computernerd4826
Division: C

Postby computernerd4826 » May 13th, 2009, 5:44 pm

starpug wrote:
IdahoSciGuy wrote:
Aia wrote:Live update from Atlanta- the weather is quite lovely. It isn't unbearably hot (yet). The humidity is fairly high, but that's pretty typical for Georgia.

We're driving to Augusta tomorrow. Hopefully the weather doesn't change too much on us. All I can remember is that DC rainstorm and hope that we don't see a repeat of that mess.

Driving!?!?!?! from WA? good gravy that must be horrible!

She's in Atlanta, not Washington :P

doesnt she live in Washington?
rbejnood wrote:we're driving tomorrow to augusta, but something our coaches told us doesn't seem to make sense to me. we live in east tennessee (for those of you that don't know, that's the part closest to georgia) and it's about a four hour drive to atlanta. but our coaches said that it would take about eight hours to get there. did i miss something?

ummmm.. i was at that meeting....
it is 3 hours to atlanta, and 5 hours to augusta from knoxville
we are going through columbia, south carolina, because it is shorter than going through atlanta (an extra 45 mins according to google maps)
on the way back we are stopping in asheville to go to Carowinds...

anyways i will be wearing a university of tennessee (orange) shirt, and will be in the parade of states for tennessee. i will try to wear a nametag with my avatar and username, but no guarantees. any idea of a meeting place at the swap meet though?
Nationals Placements
CTW- 11th
Wright Stuff- 3rd
Road Scholar- 12th
Dyn. Planet- 27th
Bridge- 11th
Robo- 15th
Go Bearden Middle!

rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Postby rfscoach » May 13th, 2009, 6:09 pm

doesnt she live in Washington?

She lives in Washington. Her team flew into Atlanta on Tuesday.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

Aia
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: WA

Postby Aia » May 14th, 2009, 6:29 am

Wow, I totally didn't mean to freak everyone out.

I live in WA. We flew to Atlanta. The next day, we drove to Augusta. We didn't travel to Augusta in one day because we lost 3hrs on the way over, and the plane ride was 6hrs long. If you add in 3hrs for the drive from Atlanta to Augusta, and it becomes too exhausting.

This just got way too confusing, haha.
Science Olympiad Alumna and Volunteer
Aia's Boomilever Guide: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Aia%27 ... ever_Guide

rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Postby rfscoach » May 14th, 2009, 7:50 pm

Was anyone at Fort Discovery today? I know we saw the Washington Excel Homeschoolers, the high school team from Helena, Montana and our arch rival J C Booth. Ran into the Mentor team at lunch at Wendy's. This is pretty cool. Motor coaches everywhere you turn.

jazzy009
State: -

Postby jazzy009 » May 14th, 2009, 8:24 pm

we went to the cocacola factory and aquarium adjacent to it today. pretty cool, saw a few teams, made some generalizations (one guy found out we were from minnesota and asked if we all play hockey). pretty cool.
Call me coach.

Return to “2009 Nationals”