2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

User avatar
croman74
Member
Member
Posts: 876
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 5:31 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: I was hoping you could tell me...

2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby croman74 » May 19th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Next year's nats is on May 21-22 at the University of Illinois. What do you guys think? Do you feel that Illinois is a good place for a tournament?
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
Image

blufoster6
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: December 29th, 2008, 9:53 am
Division: C
State: SC
Location: Clinton High School

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby blufoster6 » May 19th, 2009, 6:14 pm

I guess. I'm up for anywhere off the the east coast.
DOUBLE RAINBOW

User avatar
fli754
Member
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: September 27th, 2008, 8:11 am
Division: B
State: NY
Location: Paul J. Gelinas
Contact:

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby fli754 » May 19th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Definitely more in the middle of the US than ASU was, never been there before, so it should be fun
Image

User avatar
croman74
Member
Member
Posts: 876
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 5:31 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: I was hoping you could tell me...

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby croman74 » May 19th, 2009, 6:22 pm

I think that bridge builders will definitely like it a lot more. Less humidity.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
Image

User avatar
sewforlife
Member
Member
Posts: 350
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 1:22 pm
Division: B
State: -
Location: US

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby sewforlife » May 19th, 2009, 6:31 pm

croman74 wrote:I think that bridge builders will definitely like it a lot more. Less humidity.


Quite right! And it definitely won't be as rainy as it was in Georgia. if anything, maybe a little colder.
Nerds rule. Nerds are awesome. Nerds will someday (soon) rule the world. And you know it.

2010. Be prepared. If not, you f(l)ail!

One Team
One Dream
to REDEEM

Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 705
Joined: January 4th, 2004, 5:53 pm
Division: Grad
State: KY
Location: Louisville, KY
Contact:

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby Dark Sabre » May 19th, 2009, 7:41 pm

It is a great campus...good venue. The 2005 tournament there was nice.

Plus it is less than a 4 hour drive for me :D

User avatar
kjhsscioly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 517
Joined: January 16th, 2009, 11:55 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: Chicago

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby kjhsscioly » May 19th, 2009, 7:50 pm

the campus is beautiful, and most events are held close together... states is so much fun there, and there is a nice green area, close to the homerooms to relax between events

User avatar
fli754
Member
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: September 27th, 2008, 8:11 am
Division: B
State: NY
Location: Paul J. Gelinas
Contact:

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby fli754 » May 19th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Oo the events are held together, thats really good! i'd always have to rush to get to an event thats on the other side of campus
Image

starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 932
Joined: April 5th, 2008, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: ME
Location: Waterville, Maine
Contact:

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby starpug » May 19th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Dark Sabre wrote:It is a great campus...good venue. The 2005 tournament there was nice.

Plus it is less than a 4 hour drive for me :D

You gonna be there DS?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

User avatar
gogofofo
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: April 26th, 2009, 9:09 am
Division: C
State: IL

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby gogofofo » May 19th, 2009, 8:21 pm

fli754 wrote:Oo the events are held together, thats really good! i'd always have to rush to get to an event thats on the other side of campus


Most of the events are conveniently close. Some of the earth science events are a couple blocks away...and are in buildings not on the maps they gave us. (at least at state this year.)
State
2009: 1st Forensics, 1st Astronomy, 3rd Remote Sensing
2010: 1st Forensics, 1st Astro
2011: 1st Forensics, 2nd Astro, 1st TPS

Nationals
2009: 10th Forensics, 3rd Astronomy, 11th Remote Sensing
2010: 1st Forensics, 9th Astronomy
2011: 2nd Forensics, 8th Astronomy, 10th TPS

User avatar
Helix_Nebula_Freak
Member
Member
Posts: 220
Joined: February 28th, 2009, 10:00 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere gazing at the stars and pondering the nature of man's existence

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby Helix_Nebula_Freak » May 19th, 2009, 8:40 pm

I think it's a better place for the NSO... I mean, it's hard to concentrate on your events when you're sweating your brains out in the humid Georgian air... Just kidding :mrgreen:

I dont really care where NSO is. It's the fact that a bunch of geeky and/or nerdy Science Olympians like me can gather for something like this that really touches me...

The only thing about Illinois for me personally is jetlag. I'm not complaining, because Ik how hard it must have been for all you west coast natives, not to mention Hawaii and Alaska, to come to Georgia. Just a minor inconvienice...
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May

Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 705
Joined: January 4th, 2004, 5:53 pm
Division: Grad
State: KY
Location: Louisville, KY
Contact:

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby Dark Sabre » May 19th, 2009, 10:33 pm

starpug wrote:
Dark Sabre wrote:It is a great campus...good venue. The 2005 tournament there was nice.

Plus it is less than a 4 hour drive for me :D

You gonna be there DS?


I'll probably try to assist on one of the building events. Even if that doesn't happen, I'd do a 4-hour drive to be there any take pics/meet e-famous people.

User avatar
croman74
Member
Member
Posts: 876
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 5:31 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: I was hoping you could tell me...

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby croman74 » May 20th, 2009, 12:26 pm

Dark Sabre wrote:It is a great campus...good venue. The 2005 tournament there was nice.

Plus it is less than a 4 hour drive for me :D

That's another good thing. It's a nice central location. The west coast this year had quite a ways to travel. Illinois is a little closer to the west.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
Image

User avatar
Phenylethylamine
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: January 8th, 2009, 4:47 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: Harvard University

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby Phenylethylamine » May 20th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:I think it's a better place for the NSO... I mean, it's hard to concentrate on your events when you're sweating your brains out in the humid Georgian air... Just kidding :mrgreen:

I dont really care where NSO is. It's the fact that a bunch of geeky and/or nerdy Science Olympians like me can gather for something like this that really touches me...

The only thing about Illinois for me personally is jetlag. I'm not complaining, because Ik how hard it must have been for all you west coast natives, not to mention Hawaii and Alaska, to come to Georgia. Just a minor inconvienice...

*Raises eyebrows* It's only a one hour time difference from PA to IL, unless I'm mistaken... Jetlag shouldn't really be an issue.
Protein Modeling Event Supervisor 2015
MA State Science Olympiad Tournament
MIT Invitational Tournament
--
Ward Melville High School Science Olympiad 2010-2012
Paul J Gelinas JHS Science Olympiad 2007-2009

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Postby fmtiger124 » May 20th, 2009, 1:38 pm

Phenylethylamine wrote:
Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:I think it's a better place for the NSO... I mean, it's hard to concentrate on your events when you're sweating your brains out in the humid Georgian air... Just kidding :mrgreen:

I dont really care where NSO is. It's the fact that a bunch of geeky and/or nerdy Science Olympians like me can gather for something like this that really touches me...

The only thing about Illinois for me personally is jetlag. I'm not complaining, because Ik how hard it must have been for all you west coast natives, not to mention Hawaii and Alaska, to come to Georgia. Just a minor inconvienice...

*Raises eyebrows* It's only a one hour time difference from PA to IL, unless I'm mistaken... Jetlag shouldn't really be an issue.

i bleieve your correct i went to Wisconsin once there was a little lag but i think that was because planes really tire me out
Image


Return to “2009 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest