Potential New Michigan Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Potential New Michigan Invitational

Post by syo_astro »

Yup myself and AlphaTauri both are going to be seniors at umich. We can definitely help out, the state coordinators I think are vaguely aware of our existence after seeing us so often XD. There was a group we had, but it kind of fell apart, and we were too busy to keep gathering people...I know John also knew some people if you want to contact them. PM us please :D.

One thing is I don't know if we can start off with an invite right away just because I don't know how many people we'll get. Maybe can contact organizations nearby like MSU for help? Maybe we could also help out with coaching again I hope :D. Either way, just want to note lots of ways to help in addition to the invite that we haven't been able to do because of lack of organization, good for hitting the ground running!
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
MIScioly1
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MIScioly1 »

syo_astro wrote:Yup myself and AlphaTauri both are going to be seniors at umich. We can definitely help out, the state coordinators I think are vaguely aware of our existence after seeing us so often XD. There was a group we had, but it kind of fell apart, and we were too busy to keep gathering people...I know John also knew some people if you want to contact them. PM us please :D.

One thing is I don't know if we can start off with an invite right away just because I don't know how many people we'll get. Maybe can contact organizations nearby like MSU for help? Maybe we could also help out with coaching again I hope :D. Either way, just want to note lots of ways to help in addition to the invite that we haven't been able to do because of lack of organization, good for hitting the ground running!
Just sent a PM to you :D
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Executive Board
0ddrenaline

Post by 0ddrenaline »

I've thought about a tournament at U of M. I think it would attract a good amount of teams from Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana even in the first year. I won't be going to Michigan, but I'm going to college in state. If there's any way I can help, I will definitely do so. I don't know if you just want Michigan students running events, but I would totally take a trip over there to do so. I also might know some SO alumni at Michigan.
MIScioly1

Post by MIScioly1 »

0ddrenaline wrote:I've thought about a tournament at U of M. I think it would attract a good amount of teams from Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana even in the first year. I won't be going to Michigan, but I'm going to college in state. If there's any way I can help, I will definitely do so. I don't know if you just want Michigan students running events, but I would totally take a trip over there to do so. I also might know some SO alumni at Michigan.
We would absolutely appreciate any help available! I'll send you a PM in a few minutes with what I know so far.
MIScioly1

Post by MIScioly1 »

Just FYI, a club has been formed at Michigan and we are indeed looking to host an invitational this year. We should know a date soon - stay tuned! From what it looks like right now, professors and student alumni would write the tests and run events, so coaches would not need to provide materials. I am not on the board in the club, so I don't have all the details, but we should have an update in the near future.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

MIScioly1 wrote:Just FYI, a club has been formed at Michigan and we are indeed looking to host an invitational this year. We should know a date soon - stay tuned! From what it looks like right now, professors and student alumni would write the tests and run events, so coaches would not need to provide materials. I am not on the board in the club, so I don't have all the details, but we should have an update in the near future.
Yup, just checking you know you can apply for a position, right? It sounds like you know, but if you want to lead the charge, I bet they'd be happy to get help either way.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
MIScioly1

Post by MIScioly1 »

Yep, I already applied and am in the club, I saw you are too. Can't wait to get started!
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

Question, will events be run on Michigan time?

(Jk, good luck with the tournament! :D )
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

Return to “2017 Competition Advertising”